Tecomec pistons (PORTING HELP)

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I don't want you to take a plunge on my account if that's not the direction you really want to go. If you are anything like me though, it's good to know you have some options.
Hey no worries my friend. I like the options but I’m kinda hesitant on this one build cuz I’ve already split these cases and put in new bearings and got everything pretty much laid out for a straight 365 build

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't speak to the newer Tecomec pistons but the ones I was getting 15-16 years were almost OEM quality. I used many in stock rebuilds and hotrod saws.
I’m thinking of using one of their piston kits. But will probably wait on using the cylinder Hmmm... I do have an extra set of cases

NCFarmboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I bought one (HLS) on black fri. Completely happy with it. Plating looks great bevels on ports . It needs nothing ready to bolt on IMO. Made in Italy. I actually bought it to use piston in customers saw. Would not hesitate to put that kit on customers saw. turns out customers piston was still very useable.
Shep

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't mean to twist your arm, but why would you do all that work for an open port saw when a good closed port P+C is available??? I would love to see how the new P+C kit works, and I'm a Stihl guy!!!

I put a Cross P+C on my 066 (you can see it on HL Supply/Youtube/Cross vs OEM) and that saw still is running great, and I've done 2 more of em on Asian 660s. They are stronger than OEM at a price you can't beat!

Best of Luck what ever your decide!

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m trying to order the Tecomec p/c kit but HLS want let me order it because the gasket kit isn’t available right now. What the heck. I decided to test this for everyone including myself and with all the arm twisting of @RIDE-RED 350r and @MustangMike lol. Just gotta figure out how to get it for that price