High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Tecomec chain spinner and breaker...are they any good?

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
1:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like it's made in China :confused:

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kevin,

Are you looking at the set on eBay? If so, you'd be better off trying to get the Precision Tooling set from the guy in Texas.
Yes, and thanks. I'll look into that

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A local to me business is selling a used Carlton spinner, a used "ama" breaker and a "ama" grinder for 150€.

I'm not too interested in the grinder but I am curious about the breaker and spinner.
I doubt "ama" is known in the US, but what's the word on Carlton spinners?

To say it before hand, there is no money to be made sharpening chains in my area, and loops can be had starting at ~15$ for a 72DL 3/8".
The only use would be my own, if even that!

P.S.:
I know I'm off topic!

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Did anyone ever try the Tecomec stuff? I've got the spinner and breaker in my Ebay shopping cart.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
12:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine works fine. I mounted the spinner and breaker onto one hardwood creation that I can lock into my bench's end vise. It works really well. So far I would estimate that I have sharpened 500 chains with it. Still running strong. It's professional.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Mine works fine. I mounted the spinner and breaker onto one hardwood creation that I can lock into my bench's end vise. It works really well. So far I would estimate that I have sharpened 500 chains with it. Still running strong. It's professional.
I take it you have the Tecomec grinder as well? I ordered both the spinner and breaker today. While searching for the spinner and breaker I saw the Tecomec bar mounted sharpening jig and ordered the "deluxe" version. It looks like better build quality and easier adjustments on the Tecomec version compared to the Granberg I have now. Probably a different story when comparing to the older Granberg jigs.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just bought the Tecomec set myself. Been using a cheap HF unit up until now, but the Tecomec set is much nicer. Only used it once so far, but seems great. I did the same as suggested above, mounted both to a 2x4” so I can easily put it in my bench vise and remove it when done.
I also bought the “Type B” spinner handle and anvil for 1/4” , 3/8”LP and .325.

I believe Tecomec makes the Oregon stuff. It’s identical, except for the color.
Same with their grinders. I have the Tecomec Super Jolly, which is the same as the Oregon 620-120.