Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn, there's no end to this crap.

Sondre, after you checked all of these saws, just let us know what you need.

If can help you to get replacement parts I'll do it.
Thanks Guillaume! I appreciate that. We'll see where I'm at once everything is figured out.

I know he poked around in it searching for why it whopped his 066 with 288 pistons so bad but I don't think he changed anything. It was ugly but a hard runner for a work saw. I found pictures of just the outside.
He told me he "found more power" in it, but I honestly doubt it. Hopefully he didn't touch it too much. It does run very well.

The horizontal lines looks like he buffed the cylinder with pretty coarse emery cloth. I don't know why, it shouldn't have had transfer when sent to him.
This saw was mint when it went to him. Maybe two tanks.

I found internal pictures now.

As I remember it was a non decomp 066 cylinder (welded/repairs exhaust flange), short 066 case (both muffler mounts welded and retapped, chipped above oil fill), meteor piston, OEM bearings, gaskets and seals, OEM wrist pin bearing, probably an AM clutch and drum, AM tall clutch cover, AM brake flag (from CCC), modified AM (HyWay) muffler, AM black bucking spikes, probably HD2 filter.
Thanks Shaun. I appreciate you looking into that for me. We'll see what's in it now once it's apart.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@drf256 @Moparmyway
Squish on the 7910 is .022-.023 both sides.
You've got your pick of who to send it to bud, its easy to keep squish where it is after the base is trued up by cutting the chamber the same amount as the base. We could also tighten squish up a little if you wish ............ for me, it would depend on how much compression it had before you tore it apart

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You've got your pick of who to send it to bud, its easy to keep squish where it is after the base is trued up by cutting the chamber the same amount as the base. We could also tighten squish up a little if you wish ............ for me, it would depend on how much compression it had before you tore it apart
Thanks Kevin. Since I need a few jugs checked, maybe I could send you some, and some to Al? Just to not overload any of you with work.
Compression was decent on it before, but I don't mind it a tad higher.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He told me he "found more power" in it, but I honestly doubt it. Hopefully he didn't touch it too much. It does run very well.

He told me that too. But not to say anything cuz Shawn would be upset...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That muffler is awful. I think I remember him bragging about how he could open the Dolmar mufflers without heat and finish them quickly. I can see now how well it was working for him. I'd be embarrassed to have my name on that piece of s$&@.

I've spent a lot of time on mine and they still look straight from the factory. Lots of heat and careful bending.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That muffler is awful. I think I remember him bragging about how he could open the Dolmar mufflers without heat and finish them quickly. I can see now how well it was working for him. I'd be embarrassed to have my name on that piece of s$&@.

I've spent a lot of time on mine and they still look straight from the factory. Lots of heat and careful bending.
I agree. I could have done it better myself. I do believe it's fixable, though. At least make it look better than that. I'm not a welder by any stretch, but I'll give it my best.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Kevin. Since I need a few jugs checked, maybe I could send you some, and some to Al? Just to not overload any of you with work.
Compression was decent on it before, but I don't mind it a tad higher.
I'm sure that both of us feel the same way ................ we're here to help.
Its no trouble at all Sondre ............ lets get you squared away !!

You could probably TIG right over that seam and make it look better.
As luck would have it, we both have TIG welders setup too