Tanaka/Hitachi

Nathan lassley

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If anybody wants to buy a brand new in box pre-Hitachi Tanaka, here is your chance:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tanaka-ECV...176804?hash=item36344515e4:g:f0YAAOSwCMtaVT8r

I would jump on it, but I already have two 50cc saws... Ok, the real reason is my wife works in the schools and stays at home in the summer; she would notice the box on the front porch before I could hide it in the barn.:ambulance:

I bought one of those from that listing in May. Those zenoahs are runners. I've got a Hitachi cs40ea that runs real nice but made kinda cheap, the brake handle won't take much to break off.

Cerberus

Cerberus the aardvark, not the hell-hound!!
Local time
12:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
You should edit thread title to say, Tanaka/Hitachi... just sayin'. :)

View attachment 7563

Hmm.. there's the Hitachi CS-33EDTP in there behind the Stihl MS-201T, but don't seem to have any pics of the Tanaka TCS-33EDTP (same saw in orange) that I have...
I know I'm jump-starting an old thread but you're 1st one I've found to have:
1- both Tanaka&Hitachi 33edtp's, and
2- real/high-end saws for comparison!

What differences have you found between the Hitachi&Tanaka 33edtp's, I've always seen that Hitachi and kinda assumed my Tanaka 33edtp was identical (just re-badged), am curious if that's the case?

Which Echo model is that? When my tanaka goes, my plan was to get the 355t, seems it's as-good/nearly-as-good as Husq/Stihl top-tier unit but retails for $350! Seeing there's only 1 bar-nut, am gonna guess that's not the 355t...have you ever tried that or the 360t? I've found enough people saying they're essentially comparable-to the top end stihl(200/201) and husq(540) offerings, hoping to verify that and also curious just how weak my Tanaka is relative-to 'real' saws like your echo/stihl?

Cool seeing you here, I'm eye.heart.trees on the Buzz where I'm always gawking at your great rope-work (on that note, just made me a 10', 3/4 p.dyne sling w/ XL ring on each end, so far as I can tell that equals a higher ABS than any magazine sling does hehe :D Not that I need that, of course, but redundancy is good-practice!!)