High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Tales from the bench

brandonstclair20

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Today I saw my worst bearing out of about 12 total tear down and rebuilds. I got an 028 super with a scored piston and bad bearings. The flywheel side bearing was missing half of its balls. Aftermarket bearings, new seals, tecomec piston and rings and a used oem cylinder and it should be good to go. And fuel system work. On all of my builds, I either replaced bearings just because or they had a slight roar. Nothing that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
So I know a fellow who had a plymouth breeze,, steering was getting jerky, so he took it to another guy who told him his steering rack was just about shot,, So it gets worse so he finally he orders a rebuilt rack,, to change this rack you must drop the entire subframe off the car and mark it very well as its set at the factory and you cannot reset it, so spends the entire day changing the rack,,, problem still there!!! WTF,, power steering belt loose and shredded its a belt only for the steering,,,, the guy who told him it was going bad is certified mechanic,, not sure if wanted to do the work or screwed up.

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Or if he wanted to replace a belt and charge him for changing out the rack. Had a mechanic try something similar on me once. Told me my high pressure power steering line was leaking, which was a oem toyota expensive part. It was the place that does my tires so they weren't even an option in my mind to do any other repairs to begin with so I brought it home and had a look. It was just an easy to replace low pressure line. He had what I imagine was a very unpleasant meeting with his regional manager first thing the next morning after the phone call I made.