Tales from the bench

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yuk thats a nasty carb. I had a pressure washer come through last week. Customer says it ran poorly then said it quit pumping pressure. Rebuilt the pump due to wiped out bearings and seals. Then went to start it and found it revved to the moon. Customer had rigged the governor wfo and it rattled like hell. So basically he ruined the whole thing because the carb was dirty. So i now have a rebuilt pump sitting on my shelf and a good karcher (sp) frame with a bad motor. I could've all been avoided if he just cleaned carb or kept good fuel habits. But he did buy a pressure washer from me another customer never paid for 2 years ago. It was not a expensive repair either. 120 bill for a carb rebuild and heater repair from him using his mix of gas diesel and waste oil from what it looked like. Hell that unit is probably atleast a 1500 doller unit. Couldnt imagine not paying the bill and letting it go for such little money. Guy tells me to just keep it.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sometimes they just make SMH. Sometimes they impress. This one was total fail. Screw though case to try and hold muffler on. Busted the cc right behind the tensioner with a bent all to heck wrong bolt. They tried to patch up but failed. Some kind of window screen bolted to part that suppose to hold the air filter on.

DSCF0754.JPG DSCF0752.JPG

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guy drops off his cbr that has sat for years and won’t start. So the tank and fuel pump got replaced due to heavy rust and corrosion. Then with fresh gas I get no spark. Start trouble shooting and find this.
6122C8F3-6D47-44C7-A40A-D35971A234B6.jpeg 8886B193-42F7-458B-9CE6-1500B074D62F.jpeg 4B31BB52-DF93-4D5D-B93D-E9595ACC3CBE.jpeg

Fixed the wires and it fired up. Wish I had my phone. Looked like volcano fallout. Mouse nest material falling pretty thick. :eeek:

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
3:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

EvilRoySlade

What’s my line?
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sadly it took me a minute. I kept looking at the two brand new spindles and thinking not only was the belt inside out, it was also just around the outer two blades.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sadly it took me a minute. I kept looking at the two brand new spindles and thinking not only was the belt inside out, it was also just around the outer two blades.

This was a fail of epic proportions, not only are the blades on upside down but two are in the wrong place. That is a rear discharge mower, the right hand blade (if you are sitting on the mower, closest in the picture) turns backwards from the other two. Therefore it takes a special blade that has the cutting edge on the opposite side from standard. If you look close you will notice that two blades are red, and one is black. The black blade is the one that is reversed. Exmark did their best to make this fool proof, even color coded the blades, but alas...

Last edited:

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
3:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This was a fail of epic proportions, not only are the blades on upside down but two are in the wrong place. That is a rear discharge mower, the right hand blade (if you are sitting on the mower, closest in the picture) turns backwards from the other two. Therefore it takes a special blade that has the cutting edge on the opposite side from standard. If you look close you will notice that two blades are red, and one is black. The black blade is the one that is reversed. Exmark dus their best to make this fool proof, even color coded the blades, but alas...

Ever seen a carb needle installed upside down? Yep had one come in with the little rubber tip facing the float. That was a first for me. Don't know if they were in a hurry or just well......... not all there.

Easy fix and now my little brother has a like new honda mower.

Steven

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Took the words right outta my mouth. I bet it breaths real good with that much muffler opening. Ive found with pipe muffs the further the tubes go in the more mellow the tone is even with the large openings like that one.

brandonstclair20

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I bought a stihl FS55 at a garage sale not running. I put a new carburetor on it and it would not run. I was so aggravated with it I wanted to throw it. The next day I pulled it 20-30 times and it would not hit or anything. I looked and their was a dirt dauber nest in the muffler. I cleaned that out and it runs good now. Stupid Dirt Daubers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk