High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Tales from the bench

big t double

You can call me Teddy Eastwood.....
Local time
2:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Guy brought this 461 in today...it's leaking gas all over the counter, dropped from a tree....broken tank handle. As I was writing the ticket, the guy mentions before it got dropped though.... it just seemed to be running bad and low on power....

IMG_1380.JPG

This is how the air filter cover came off..and the chunk of sawdust that's missing on the side fell out when the cover got removed. I will say...look how clean the inside if that filter is....it hardly passed any fines to the intake at all. HD2's aren't that bad.

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
3:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guy brought this 461 in today...it's leaking gas all over the counter, dropped from a tree....broken tank handle. As I was writing the ticket, the guy mentions before it got dropped though.... it just seemed to be running bad and low on power....

View attachment 69499

This is how the air filter cover came off..and the chunk of sawdust that's missing on the side fell out when the cover got removed. I will say...look how clean the inside if that filter is....it hardly passed any fines to the intake at all. HD2's aren't that bad.

thats not sawdust it is Stihls latest technology, a Cellulose prefilter looks to be working well.

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This one wins the weekly customer ingenuity award.

View attachment 69440
If this surprises you,then it must be a southern thing because I save all of mine plus a few more I can find for repair/modification purposes. For example every axe that my teenage children are going to use has Arkansas or South Carolina certified over strike protection installed.... :)

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nobody bothers to even make a attempt to clean down machines they bring in. I take my car in for a service ...I wash it so the mechanic can get on with the job ! :rolleyes: Only showing some courtesy if you ask me .
Thank you, I have been telling my wife this for years! Especially since we live on a dirt road, I told her that he's gonna charge you extra if you don't...