Trader history (0)

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had the same issue as everyone but had a little more info than most. I met Mike about two years ago at a gtg and was impressed with a 359 he ported. I wanted to buy it that day but had to sell a saw to do it. Well that didnt happen. When I got my 346 built I asked him to port it. We were at another gtg in June 2018 and he took the saw home with him. I told him to take his time I dont need the saw back anytime soon. We lost touch like others have but I was not worried because I had met the guy personally and shoke hands. I also know where he lives so I had no worries. I got word my saw was done and I made arrangements to pick it up on a Sunday I believe right before Christmas. Mike had also cut a squish and base on a Cross 066 cylinder for me. I met him in his shop and got my saw. Chatted for maybe an hour and then headed home. Mike lives about 90 minutes from me. The 346 is a screamer! I cant wait to get it broke in as it has a new OEM piston and cylinder. I have maybe three thanks through it so far. The only video I have it cutting a cant in the dark at my house. I'll post it up.

I'm glad everyone got their stuff taken care of. Mike is a great guy ports a mean saw. I'm hoping everything turns around for him soon!

Dan

Last edited:

GoBigBlue1984

Bluegrass Fart Knocker...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a couple guys text me and recommended I share
My feeling exactly Brett. I got all my stuff back, so I'm not complaining, but I do not know what was - or was not - done. Very frustrating. Guess I'll just have to rip it down sometime and see what it looks like. It runs good, but no screamer, and that was the case before I sent it (an Asian 660 w/Cross P+C).
I had a couple of guys text me a week or so ago and said that I should check the T4 review out and share what had transpired. I don’t normally handle things that way and air it out for everyone to see and I probably never would have. But when I saw that he had messaged a couple of guys back and I have received nothing in the form of communication for close to a year......yah that kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I could like your posts I would, but seems like everything is pending. Like you, if he told me he was having some problems and needed more time, I would have been fine with that. But the silent treatment just drove me nuts, don't care what issues you are having, and he does not have to share, but just say something.

FYI, I was purposely trying to give him business because I knew he was temporarily out of work, I even paid him for things he said he would do for free.

I'm not one to kick someone when they are down … I've been there … went through a divorce and ended up with custody of my 2 girls … I'll spare ya the details. Hopefully he recovers from whatever he is going through … like I did ... but it takes a while.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
6:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Definitive Dave's directions for the builder's forum included keeping the chit-chat down to a minimum and relevant to the topic at hand (i.e. level and quality of service provided by the builder or lack of same). So yes, some posts are pending approval and if they are chit-chat type posts then they are deleted.

That being said, I've done a lot of business with Mike (T4Driller) and he's treated me very well, even going out of his way to procure and modify parts for me.

GoBigBlue1984

Bluegrass Fart Knocker...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That being said, I've done a lot of business with Mike (T4Driller) and he's treated me very well, even going out of his way to procure and modify parts for me.

He had treated me very well too JJ. Like I said, we sent each other parts and talked almost daily. It’s why I have never said a word, until now. What’s baffling is that he has avoided me for damn near a year. That is the issue here for me. I’m past the point of expecting him to pay me back or send a saw like we talked about. That ship has sailed I do believe. Mike possibly really needed that money and I hope he was able to benefit from it.

I have nothing more to say on the matter.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone on this forum been in contact with Mike recently? I had PA Dan buy me a used 350 and a brandy new 346 top end kit and physically deliver it to Mikes house for hot-rod treatment. That's been about a year ago and I can't get a reply from him via phone. Used to chat almost daily with Mike until he got this saw, then it seemed to slow down to a halt. Man, I hate this.... considering sending him an empty box big enough to send it back to me with pre-paid postage.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
8:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone on this forum been in contact with Mike recently? I had PA Dan buy me a used 350 and a brandy new 346 top end kit and physically deliver it to Mikes house for hot-rod treatment. That's been about a year ago and I can't get a reply from him via phone. Used to chat almost daily with Mike until he got this saw, then it seemed to slow down to a halt. Man, I hate this.... considering sending him an empty box big enough to send it back to me with pre-paid postage.

Same situation as you. I've even tried leaving messages at his work. No response.

Mike has had a ongoing domestic situation not to dissimilar to many others. So I've written it off as he may come back around. But it still isn't right.

Right now mike has a 5005 that he never delivered. A hyway 357 cylinder he was cutting for me, a 385/390 cylinder and a small pile of other thing's we were in trade for. Mike had always been a stand up guy in our dealings. But I still knew the possible risk.

Hope he gets his *s-word together and stops being a twat.

Steven

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn...hate to hear this is still an issue to this date, after things started turning south around mid-'18 timeframe I guess. Mike was leading the pack of sending my minty 346XP off a few years ago to have worked on but the signs were there and I shied away for obvious reasons. Still haven't sent the 346XP off to get worked on, but damn glad I didn't send it his way. Up until all this builder review chatter, I never heard anything shy of what a damn good 346 he could trick out and he could produce a helluva saw. Live and learn I guess.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn...hate to hear this is still an issue to this date, after things started turning south around mid-'18 timeframe I guess. Mike was leading the pack of sending my minty 346XP off a few years ago to have worked on but the signs were there and I shied away for obvious reasons. Still haven't sent the 346XP off to get worked on, but damn glad I didn't send it his way. Up until all this builder review chatter, I never heard anything shy of what a damn good 346 he could trick out and he could produce a helluva saw. Live and learn I guess.
Send it to Kevin.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same situation as you. I've even tried leaving messages at his work. No response.

Mike has had a ongoing domestic situation not to dissimilar to many others. So I've written it off as he may come back around. But it still isn't right.

Right now mike has a 5005 that he never delivered. A hyway 357 cylinder he was cutting for me, a 385/390 cylinder and a small pile of other thing's we were in trade for. Mike had always been a stand up guy in our dealings. But I still knew the possible risk.

Hope he gets his *s-word together and stops being a twat.

Steven
Steve,
I happen to have a meteor 359 jug that has the 357xp style transfers. Let me know if you want it cut and sent your way.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Steve,
I happen to have a meteor 359 jug that has the 357xp style transfers. Let me know if you want it cut and sent your way.

Greg you are top notch. I appreciate the offer but you have done plenty for me already. I would feel like I was taking advantage of you.

I'm not going to write Mike off as a lost cause JMS yet. He may very well just be victim of his situation.

But for the time being I've stopped referring guys to him. I've been sending them to other porters.

Steven

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Through thick and thin, I talked with Mike on a very regular basis. I felt completely comfortable having him port a saw for me. He's been to my house and I've been to his. Never saw this coming, not even a little bit. I'm realizing what I considered a friendship may have not been reciprocated. It really got weird for me last year at the FHC gtg. Mike was there and completely avoided me. Never gave him a reason to so I'm clueless.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Through thick and thin, I talked with Mike on a very regular basis. I felt completely comfortable having him port a saw for me. He's been to my house and I've been to his. Never saw this coming, not even a little bit. I'm realizing what I considered a friendship may have not been reciprocated. It really got weird for me last year at the FHC gtg. Mike was there and completely avoided me. Never gave him a reason to so I'm clueless.
Amazing he's got time to make venues such as GTG's, but can't and won't pick up the phone and call, text...nothing. And still holding folks' *s-wordt that needs to be returned. Nothing wrong with how you chose to handle that situation, I can't say I would've handled things as calmly as you did at the FHC GTG that's for damn sure.

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ull just be out ur box and postage, LOL!
he's been ghosting me and Dustin Wilt for a few years now. Don't think I'll be getting that 5100/5 he has of mine spiced up any time soon.......same story, would text and BS and then....POOF! HE GONE......

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ull just be out ur box and postage, LOL!
he's been ghosting me and Dustin Wilt for a few years now. Don't think I'll be getting that 5100/5 he has of mine spiced up any time soon.......same story, would text and BS and then....POOF! HE GONE......
Yep, you gotta watch out for slackers. I sent one a 272 full wrap years ago and I'm still waiting for pics of it on a saw that's being used.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Really disappointed to hear this is still going on.

I had a lot of trouble getting my stuff back years ago, but Dustin intervened, and I did get it back and his work was VG.

I subsequently meet him and Dustin at a GTG in PA and I liked both of them.

I'm starting to think the family issues have resulted in another issue that is long term, and that is a shame.

Best of luck to everyone getting their stuff back, I know what it feels like, but I got lucky. (He machined and ported two Cross 660 jugs for me).

Last edited:

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, you gotta watch out for slackers. I sent one a 272 full wrap years ago and I'm still waiting for pics of it on a saw that's being used.
LOL, HEY SPARKY! I did a whole photo shoot of that full wrap installed. But I can do another if ud like:D
Ironically that full wrap is on my Driller 272:rolleyes:

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
LOL, HEY SPARKY! I did a whole photo shoot of that full wrap installed. But I can do another if ud like:D
Ironically that full wrap is on my Driller 272:rolleyes:
I remember the poser pics, but you and I both know that the only time you grab a saw is to polish it and put it back on a shelf! :p