Switch to E-free Premium Gas - Hmmmm

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
3:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You might need to change the carb kit. They tend to stiffen up a bit after changing back to ethanol free fuel.
I've had this phenomenon happen to me several times. More times than I've ever had an enthanol related problem honestly.

Potentially lower quality Ethanol free fuel from a station that doesn't move a lot of fuel to me seems no better than fresher ethanol fuel from high volume station. Just don't mix 5 gallons at a time and let it sit for months unused. Mix an appropriate quantity for what your very near future cutting needs will be. I'm not saying I like ethanol, just that it's not as evil as most would have you believe.

Lectro88

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well.
to each their own.
Glad you have had better luck.
Myself, on my personal equipment I used to think the same... but after 10-15 carb kits and 3 or 4 kits each several individual pieces of equipment in 2 years... I put 1+1 together and others warnings together and don't write it off as a pure myth.. anymore. and I don't buy aftermarket kits anymore I had bad luck with those too.
I go so far now.. the pumps that share different grades of fuel with Eth. free. I select Eth. free and dispense 1 gallon of eth free in my vehicle to purge hose, THEN pump the desired amount of Eth free fuel in said container and then to not give my $1.00 more per gallon gas away I switch back to regular fuel, swipe my card and pump reg. fuel in my vehicle to purge high dollar grade out.
Just my 2 cents or $3.00 worth of opinion.

Cheers everybody.

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Outboards run better with E free. Better idle and cranking quickly.
On boats the E gas causes big issues. It eats rubber, plastic and the new E rated fuel lines also delaminates inside blocking flow.

FI motors really need E free. The crud and corrosion from E fuel kill outboards.
Your older fiberglass fuel tanks will have resin dissolve then deposit inside the motor killing both motor and tank.

Living on the coast i see what this E crap does with water absorption too.

The Fed. govt law states the fuel supplier cannot mix in the Ethanol to fuel until it is being pumped into a truck for delivery. The reason is that E corrodes the pipes, tanks and blending equipment. The gov't knows the stuff is not good.

30 day shelf life on E fuel Pure gas is 60 days if my memory is right.

Bottom line 10% ethanol = 7% reduction in fuel economy.