Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Title is dedicated to my avatar...
This one will probably take me a while. Have a bunch of people wanting me to do electrical work, and I'm trying to paint my house...so not a lot of free time. Figured I'd take some time to tear into the kit...get some oem rubber parts/seals/gaskets on the way.
Here are a few pics of the cross performance cylinder to start....
Exhaust looks pretty clean.
image.jpg

This transfer looks decent...will clean up the casting flash...make sure nothing is loose
IMG_3203.JPG
Missed the center part of the bevel in the intake port
IMG_3201.JPG
Looks to me, like a lot of material was left on the lower right of this transfer, rough and uneven.
IMG_3200.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3202.JPG
    IMG_3202.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 15

NCFarmboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
My kit came in last week. Packing was excellent. First thing I checked was the cyl. I'll have to say it looks a heck of a lot better than the Cross above. Disappointed in the QC of Cross cyl. kit. If mine doesn't run well I will probably get a Cross or Hyway and spend the grinder time on it.
Shep

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My intake looked like that also. Put the boot on it, and I think you will see that material must be removed because the ports don't match (from the rubber boot to the cylinder).

I used a grinder on a drill and left it very rough (more turbulence), and she runs great!