Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
7:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bwahahahaha. Like Swiss cheese!

Why not. I can use an old Bridgeport at work to make some holes but there isn't a sharp tool to be found.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I get it now.
Kinda like when the engineers at Hooskievarna decided a plastic wire tie could replace a more expensive metal clamp on those intake partitions.
It's all coming to me now.
20/20.

....or the genius at Stihl that invented the flippy cap and another genius approved it and a real *f-wording genius said lets change all our saw numbers to commemorate this great event in history! And they did! *f-wording amazing! LOL

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you. I might try a few things on old or short bars but I'm not going to risk it on a new 42" bar. $ is too hard to come by and disappears too quickly as it is ;-)

Yeah I wouldn't dicker up a new bar at all. But a used bar its GAME ON!

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just asking here to gather some info. Why is it that Sugihara seems to be double the price of Tsumura bar for bar?
From some testing done a while back by @Redbull661 it showed that Tsumura bars were at least equal or better than Sugihara.
SugiHara comes free of charge with saw purchase. ;)

DSC08962.JPG

Just sayin' :D

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a few sugi light bars & IMO there ain't much difference between them & the solids. The real light bars are either Stihl or Oregon & I think Stihl has the cleverest design, the cut out pattern they use & filler is pretty rigid & light.

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 28” I have is floppy so I can only imagine a 37”. It’s been a good bar for me though.
I have a 28,32,&36” they are definitely a little flimsy compared to others but are considerably lighter especially than a Sugihara. I’ve had a couple issues with the inserts coming loose, Oregon just sends me a new bar and I keep the old one and epoxy the insert and end up with another bar. Over all I like them the rails hold up well

K Mueller

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just paid $140 for a brand new Stihl 28” Es Light. How would a tsumura compare? I’m looking to buy a handful of bars and am considering Tsumura although I really like the Stihls

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just paid $140 for a brand new Stihl 28” Es Light. How would a tsumura compare? I’m looking to buy a handful of bars and am considering Tsumura although I really like the Stihls

Hell an Oregon would be more then stiff enough and be cheaper, seems like a 32 was less then that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am new to using these light bars but having trouble with my Tsumara tips holding up! Have not tried the sugis yet! Lots of bore cutting!
Do you really need to bore the back cut? Or is more of this is what’s always been done? GOL? Boring is going to put a ton of pressure on a tip that’s not designed for pressure it’s a bearing.

K Mueller

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hell an Oregon would be more then stiff enough and be cheaper, seems like a 32 was less then that.

My 28” Oregon cost $155. Either way it’s in the ballpark. I’m just looking for a comparable bar to the Stihl and if I can save some money I was gonna go that route