Stupid primer bulb question

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
have you tried changing the primer bulb itself ?

Landmark

Chainsaw Hack
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No. Unhooked from carb it works fine

Landmark

Chainsaw Hack
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hope this helps,The primer bulb pulls fuel thru the carburetor,the hose that is connected to the fuel filter in the tank is connected to the fuel pump side of the carburetor,the other pipe on the carb is connected to the side of the bulb that pulls fuel,the other pipe on the primer bulb goes to the fuel tank,that hose has a small fitting inside of the tank this is the return hose,the return hose is not submerged inside the tank,the fitting holds the hose firmly in the top of the tank,if the return hose is blocked in any way,the bulb wont work right,(goes down wont come back up) If you can find out which pipe on the primer bulb is the return,(one pumps in one pumps out) You"ll have a better shot at solving the puzzle.
Ok return line is fine. Line pulling through carb is fine when unhooked from carb. Line is loose from tank to carb. The issue is in the carb. Had it apart and clean three times with no obvious blockages. Only thing leftnis the needles to be taken out and cleaned.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
This has been my experience this week.
I had the same thing on a Stihl weed wacker ….we call them a "Strimmer" .
The one way valve that the bulb is on top of was not letting the bulb bounce back after pushing in ..was sort of moving , but real slow. I removed the assembaly, blew/sucked through the pipe connection and the "squeak sound you get " was better . Now the bulb fills and the engine runs to and holds top revs.

Last edited: