AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
7:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Proud to be the first to write a review here for Steve @Stump Shot . He's recently gone pro with his porting and saw building and I gladly jumped in line to have a saw built by Steve. I followed many of his threads and saw his work was the kind I'd like to invest in.

My build with Mr. Shot is still in progress so more updates to come. He has been stellar in communicating with me since day one and was super straight forward about about everything, especially his pickiness when it comes to customer's saws. He won't let something pass the bench without being first rate quality--my kind of builder.

Steve is building a little 2153 screamer with a 357 carb and intake tract. Should be an interesting build. Can't wait to update with the end results.

20190202_173526.jpg

Last edited:

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Steve does very good work he built a 266 and 268 for me excellent running saws the strongest I've run of these since i started running them in the 80s.
I've put several gallons through each of them
Running 24s in hardwood
Great falling/bucking saws20190202_103716.jpg 20190216_160920.jpg
I'm also running 268 and 272 pistons he cut popups in for my 372 builds.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
7:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Proud to be the first to write a review here for Steve @Stump Shot . He's recently gone pro with his porting and saw building and I gladly jumped in line to have a saw built by Steve. I followed many of his threads and saw his work was the kind I'd like to invest in.

My build with Mr. Shot is still in progress so more updates to come. He has been stellar in communicating with me since day one and was super straight forward about about everything, especially his pickiness when it comes to customer's saws. He won't let something pas the bench without being first rate quality--my kind of builder.

Steve is building a little 2153 screamer with a 357 carb and intake tract. Should be an interesting build. Can't wait to update with the end results.

View attachment 163690

UPDATE:

So, I've had this saw back from Steve for a while now. The saw runs GREAT! Steve added a 357XP carb and intake to this 2153 and it screams.

Couldn't be happier with the saw and Steve's attention to detail. He really goes the extra mile to give a quality saw when he ships it out.

Thanks again for the b/c setup. It looks killer on the Jonny. @Stump Shot

IMG_20190502_141254.jpg

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My greatest challenge is to "not" write a War & Peace sized dissertation concerning the expertise & professionalism of Steve (Stump Shot) on my MS 660!
Masterfully rebuilt, cylinder decked, ported with modified muffler, timing advance to enhance cutting performance!
From before I even shipped the saw Steve and I spoke a few times and exchanged various ideas and he made me feel comfortable with the whole process.
During the rebuild process he was in constant contact and gave me frequent updates about any particular issues as they arose. Unlike so many of my past unsavory experiences with the Stihl Neanderthals in my region, Steve was a pleasure to work with.
No price gouging, he gave an awesome price for his work and went over and beyond.
He's got a lifetime customer in me!
BTW...take a look at the saw & these video's!!:campeon::aaaaa::b1::banana::dancer2:

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have 3 saws done by Steve now. A 395 milling special a hot 670 jred and a torque monster 5105. Through the build process communication of everyone of them was in depth. Can't say enough on how pleased I'm with the whole experience.

Thanks again Steve.

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here is yet another "Stump Shot Classic!"
My MS 660 with complete porting, muffler modded, timing advance the whole works.
Ran it today for about 30 minutes made short work noodling some chunky white/red oak &pecan rounds.
This is one hellava saw...I'd seriously thought about selling it, but NOT!
Here is a pic of the saw & some before and after pics of said rounds.
Thanks again Stump Shot!
20191120_004859.jpg 20190530_195230.jpg 20190720_061845.jpg

Attachments

• 20191120_004726.jpg
    20191120_004726.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 37

ZERO

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Steve @Stump Shot thank you for a great 550 MK2 build. Nothing but all around satisfaction in dealing with you. Anyone interested in Steve's work can head over to "The Cut Report" and reference today's date for pics and video. Thank you for all the technical know how and building exactly what I was looking for. We had a long chat over the phone which helped me understand what these saws are capable of as well as what you the builder could do for me.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Steve @Stump Shot thank you for a great 550 MK2 build. Nothing but all around satisfaction in dealing with you. Anyone interested in Steve's work can head over to "The Cut Report" and reference today's date for pics and video. Thank you for all the technical know how and building exactly what I was looking for. We had a long chat over the phone which helped me understand what these saws are capable of as well as what you the builder could do for me.

huskytime

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Mr Stump Shot was recommended to me by MMWS Randy when I inquired about a rebuild and porting on an old Husky 1100CD. Looking back now I fear that it could have turned into a basket case in anyone else’s hands. The ignition was dead so he converted to 2100CD coil and flywheel. He gave me the flywheel free and also did up a cool thread on the free modification work he did to get the 1100 pull starter and the 2100 flywheel to play nicely with each other. He went over the whole saw and freshened it up where ever needed. He was so humble and awesome that he knocked some of his labor down because “seeing as you're a member here to help you out.” Through the whole process he called me on the phone a few times for updates and my inbox thread is nearly 3 pages. He pays attention to detail and wanted me to be able to follow along the progress.

But wait there’s more! I was so excited the first time I fired it up and ran it through some wood. After about a dozen very satisfying cuts I picked it up to pull start it again and it had some sort of a failure in my hand. The bottom of the jug cracked and jumped up a bit. I was so sad! I called Steve up and he told me to ship it back and he’d take a look. Sure enough the jug was toast and the top cover cracked too. He said he would fix it for free but needed to look around for another jug. Well sourcing a jug over 40 years old was tough. The next call I got was Steve telling me it was all fixed up and ready to ship back to me. He took his own cylinder off of his personal 1100CD and ported it for me and also gave me his NOS XP top cover. The term “above and beyond” gets tossed around but Steve really did go above and beyond for me. No offense at all to the other fine builders here but next time I need saw work done I’m going straight to Stump Shot Saw Shop.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mr Stump Shot was recommended to me by MMWS Randy when I inquired about a rebuild and porting on an old Husky 1100CD. Looking back now I fear that it could have turned into a basket case in anyone else’s hands. The ignition was dead so he converted to 2100CD coil and flywheel. He gave me the flywheel free and also did up a cool thread on the free modification work he did to get the 1100 pull starter and the 2100 flywheel to play nicely with each other. He went over the whole saw and freshened it up where ever needed. He was so humble and awesome that he knocked some of his labor down because “seeing as you're a member here to help you out.” Through the whole process he called me on the phone a few times for updates and my inbox thread is nearly 3 pages. He pays attention to detail and wanted me to be able to follow along the progress.

But wait there’s more! I was so excited the first time I fired it up and ran it through some wood. After about a dozen very satisfying cuts I picked it up to pull start it again and it had some sort of a failure in my hand. The bottom of the jug cracked and jumped up a bit. I was so sad! I called Steve up and he told me to ship it back and he’d take a look. Sure enough the jug was toast and the top cover cracked too. He said he would fix it for free but needed to look around for another jug. Well sourcing a jug over 40 years old was tough. The next call I got was Steve telling me it was all fixed up and ready to ship back to me. He took his own cylinder off of his personal 1100CD and ported it for me and also gave me his NOS XP top cover. The term “above and beyond” gets tossed around but Steve really did go above and beyond for me. No offense at all to the other fine builders here but next time I need saw work done I’m going straight to Stump Shot Saw Shop.
Outstanding!

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Now that is a great review. Steve is a great guy, no doubt.

J. Dirt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Steve is the man!!!
He’s done two for me so far. One of which was a bit hard to find goodies for, but she turned out sweet! Couldn’t be happier with both of them and I know the next one I send will be even better!

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Steve is the man!!!
He’s done two for me so far. One of which was a bit hard to find goodies for, but she turned out sweet! Couldn’t be happier with both of them and I know the next one I send will be even better!
This was a really cool build. Hope to see more action out of it.

sixonetonoffun

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
img20210220_120722.jpg img20210220_120858.jpg img20210220_120742.jpg img20210220_120807.jpg
Steve did this for me earlier this winter. I haven't worked it hard yet but ran it a little today just to get my arse outside moving a little. Ran great with the 24". I asked for a solid worksaw and Steve delivers. Might get some video sometime (not really my thing) but its a 372 that gets to it.