Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
10:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would say a clamp should be figured out, surely one from a manifold boot like maybe the 395 should work out. Not sure if the elbow adapter is going to be made or not, if so that's the three things needed to convert over this style of filtering system. The filter, clamp and adapter. The hardware to mount the adapter is the same on both systems.
IMG_20190711_133612442.jpg

LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Elbow, filter and collar.
I’m in for 3 sets.

Take my money @Gentleman

@Stump Shot
Any light destructive testing yet?
Pulling on the joints making sure it doesn’t unglue easily and such. Bending the filter element a bit making sure it doesn’t crack. Typical expections same as a husky filter.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Elbow, filter and collar.
I’m in for 3 sets.

Take my money @Gentleman

@Stump Shot
Any light destructive testing yet?
Pulling on the joints making sure it doesn’t unglue easily and such. Bending the filter element a bit making sure it doesn’t crack. Typical expections same as a husky filter.

Yes, I found where it was seamed together and it is glued so as I could not separate it. The pleats are molded in nicely just like the original.

Use purple power or la awesome on the old filter with a toothbrush it will look new

Look, yes, act like, no. Fines end up stuck inside and can't be gotten out. Will not breathe like a new filter. This is my finding having tried the same.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would say a clamp should be figured out, surely one from a manifold boot like maybe the 395 should work out. Not sure if the elbow adapter is going to be made or not, if so that's the three things needed to convert over this style of filtering system. The filter, clamp and adapter. The hardware to mount the adapter is the same on both systems.
View attachment 190211

@mortalitool should be about ready with the elbow/ adapter.

Steven

mortalitool

aka Nick Stoeckel
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The elbow i have reverse engineered into a cad file would need to be plastic injection molded. 3D printing these wont work due to the thin walls of the elbow.
Options would be to make the walls thicker, but to maintain the O.D. so it works with that prototype filter, i would need to decrease the I.D. and i dont want to give up any space on the I.D. So 3D printing these is out. :(

If @Gentleman would like to tackle the plastic injection idea I can work with him on that.

Nick

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The elbow i have reverse engineered into a cad file would need to be plastic injection molded. 3D printing these wont work due to the thin walls of the elbow.
Options would be to make the walls thicker, but to maintain the O.D. so it works with that prototype filter, i would need to decrease the I.D. and i dont want to give up any space on the I.D. So 3D printing these is out. :(

If @Gentleman would like to tackle the plastic injection idea I can work with him on that.

Nick

Well durn I was getting my hopes up hahahaha

Steven

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Nick

3d print the lower and press/glue in a metal sleeve for the air filter clamp section.