Storing trimmers

JasonRKBA

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Might sound odd but is there a correct way. I had mine hanging vertically with the powerhead on top and the head to the bottom. I've been reorganizing the basement and now have them switched around. I have a piece of pvc hanging and the head and brush guard over the top. The reason I changed is I now have a fs80 av with the handle bars that was making things difficult. Is there a correct or preferred way to store them?

Thanks. Jason.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
4:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Might sound odd but is there a correct way. I had mine hanging vertically with the powerhead on top and the head to the bottom. I've been reorganizing the basement and now have them switched around. I have a piece of pvc hanging and the head and brush guard over the top. The reason I changed is I now have a fs80 av with the handle bars that was making things difficult. Is there a correct or preferred way to store them?

Thanks. Jason.

If its a two stroke i store them anyway they fit. If its a 4 stroke with an oil sump i try to keep the cylinder above the oil so it doesn't leak past the rings durring storage.

JasonRKBA

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All two stroke.

Larry B

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Run them all dry and store any position you want.