Stihl MS881! The rumors begin

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
While this is great news, any OEM who releases a new 120cc saw has my attention as its not exactly the 'money maker' in the line up. I get the impression though this new 881 has been dragged into the 21st century with minimal effort from Stihl. Strato engine for EPA, springs cause basically rubber AV was ditched in the 20th century, a new air filter, some MT, and a bit of a face lift. Its a lil boring...not exactly a 120cc 462 is it. But maybe that's all this saw really needs, maybe it doesn't need to look good on spec sheet paper where people fuss over half a pound or a quarter of a HP. This saw needs to be tough, I hope the clutch ways a ton. Excited...not too much but appreciative that we need not run 30y/o 120cc saw designs anymore in 2019.

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I won’t belive that ;)

Well considering STRATO are heavier it should be true, as I already stated couple months ago.
To be honest in this big class nobody really cares for weight as people still using 070,076,090 for ground use.
Balancing the weight is what matters in my mind.
Gonna learn quickly time passed.

ferris

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well considering STRATO are heavier it should be true, as I already stated couple months ago.
To be honest in this big class nobody really cares for weight as people still using 070,076,090 for ground use.
Balancing the weight is what matters in my mind.
Gonna learn quickly time passed.
Year strato will be heavier, but I think they will save that weight on other parts.
That is true, most of the rainwood will be cut with 070 :p

StephK87

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Like some other early prototypes (462 for example) they have screw adjusted carb. I think M-Tronic is very likely on retail saws for western markets.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nope, definitly not an i-saw. It's a carbed, quad port strato saw, very similar cylinder design to the 462.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk
I'm a fan of the Stihl quad port strato, all mine have been decent runners and great on fuel. I watched the bids posted, its would be nice to see one with chips coming out.