STIHL_Mercedes-Benz-DTM_2013-01.jpg

Leeroy

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That looks like Beech to me, and if it's similar to our American Beech, it is a very hard wood. My guess is the chain is fairly new and not to that sweet spot yet.
The ms500 looked good to me.
I buck like that. Wedges are great when you need them, but bucking without them is more productive than using them in every cut IMO.

nohoff

professional flusher
Local time
9:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Timing Advance on the flywheel key wont have any effect.
As the MS 500i uses those little acceleration/deaccleration when the pison comes BTDC to figure out where BTDC is.
The flywheel key is there to get it running on factory settings.
The ECM calibrates it self on the new flywheel using only the signal from the AC Signal from the generator.

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
3:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Keith, where you been hiding, I was just thinking of sending you a PM to see how you are doing. Long time no posts!
Thanks Mike! Took a new job as receiving clerk for International Paper at the mill with straight days , weekends, and holidays off. After 26yrs of shiftwork Im just settling in on a regular schedule for work, family, church, and life!! Finally getting to enjoy life instead of working all the time. Besides the new job its been side work in the shop, family, church, and mountain biking. Thanks for asking Mike:)
Screenshot_20190307-074851_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You and the family are looking great Keith, glad to hear from you again, and thanks for posting that nice pic. Also, congrats on the new position. My Nephew stopped posting when he went from Mechanic to Service Mgr, he just can't find the time any more.

Looking forward to getting out on the bikes soon myself, will be another few weeks before Tax Season is over.

I've been going like a one armed paper hanger the last few weeks, and I still have not started on my own return!

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
3:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You and the family are looking great Keith, glad to hear from you again, and thanks for posting that nice pic. Also, congrats on the new position. My Nephew stopped posting when he went from Mechanic to Service Mgr, he just can't find the time any more.

Looking forward to getting out on the bikes soon myself, will be another few weeks before Tax Season is over.

I've been going like a one armed paper hanger the last few weeks, and I still have not started on my own return!
Take that bike out for alil ride Mike! Man it clears my mind and gets in some great exercise

ferris

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Timing Advance on the flywheel key wont have any effect.
As the MS 500i uses those little acceleration/deaccleration when the pison comes BTDC to figure out where BTDC is.
The flywheel key is there to get it running on factory settings.
The ECM calibrates it self on the new flywheel using only the signal from the AC Signal from the generator.
Very good informations here :)
@Mastermind @StephK87 @Redbull661 @tree monkey