hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
11:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just enjoying a build thread.
I move the port slightly off center on the jug wall, avoiding the ring. The next one might get relocated. I have a piston all spun out from the skinny being in a fat land.

@ Anyone. What does your exhaust smell like missing one ring? Do you notice it before and after?

That jug you used imo is the number two of three designs from oem. It came out very well.
I personally timed seven of those cast key wheels, well, you might do better trying to speck a clam shell motor. Nine degrees variation between them.
Stock carb, intake and filter.
A runner for sure :thumbup:

To be clear on the ignition timing. Some wheels were OEM some were AM. OEM had less run out. AM I took 0.065 off. OEM 0.020-0.035 depending on the coil and the set up, ie: long or short bar. Bars 24" 8pin wanted no advance. 28" liked -2* on my build. 16" 8p liked 10*. I use a strobe light.

Almost forgot. :)

OEM and AM coils are not the same. Different timing curves and advance.

This is what this Site is About.

Thank You.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@ Anyone. What does your exhaust smell like missing one ring? Do you notice it before and after?
What does the smell mean Ken?
I noticed when I ported a 262xp that the exhaust smelled exceptionally good. But I have no idea why???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just enjoying a build thread.
I move the port slightly off center on the jug wall, avoiding the ring. The next one might get relocated. I have a piston all spun out from the skinny being in a fat land.

Maybe Doc can tell Us.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What does the smell mean Ken?
I noticed when I ported a 262xp that the exhaust smelled exceptionally good. But I have no idea why???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just wondering if the user can smell any unburt gas. The debate on, do you lose any fresh mix from the case less one ring should be out till about 2110 or so. I suspect if it did lose mix it will burn in the port anyway. I'll bet they get a fat hot muffler at idle.

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just wondering if the user can smell any unburt gas. The debate on, do you lose any fresh mix from the case less one ring should be out till about 2110 or so. I suspect if it did lose mix it will burn in the port anyway. I'll bet they get a fat hot muffler at idle.

I bet many a new 1 ring saws have Heat Soaked Issues: especially them with the silver Clutch Covers. [emoji41]

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup Mikey. The stuff is petrified and not as fast as Ohio Poplar.

The saw runs well. Zippier than an 036, just doesn't feel as brutal-you know what I mean.

If you're into rpm, the saw was turning low 15's in the video. RPM is no doubt helped by the single ring. My bet is that it tunes into the 16's broken in, but I'm not a high rpm guy. I prefer rich and slower. More power in the cut and safer.

I hope HEath likes it.

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

The saw runs well. Zippier than an 036, just doesn't feel as brutal-you know what I mean.

If you're into rpm, the saw was turning low 15's in the video. RPM is no doubt helped by the single ring. My bet is that it tunes into the 16's broken in, but I'm not a high rpm guy. I prefer rich and slower. More power in the cut and safer.

I hope HEath likes it.
Hey! Pretty sporty there Daktari... How many cans of spinach did you put in there!?!

Last edited:

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I hope HEath likes it.

Thank You Doc.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Question is, Will this 361 get the 36 bar video?
Sounds good and strong. But not as nasty as my 036!!!! LOL. [emoji48]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RedGas

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I bought a Huztl/Farmertec kit for a 361, and this will be my first chainsaw kit build, so I need all the help I can get. Fortunately, I already have a genuine Stihl 361 so if all else fails, I can look at that to see how it's put together.

I think Afleetcommand built one of these, and going on his advice, I was going to use OEM:
- wrist pin
- wrist pin snap rings
- wrist pin bearing
- all brake parts
- intake manifold

Problem is, my dealer says Stihl is out of stock for the wrist pins.

Do you all think I can get away with using the Farmertec wrist pin with OEM wrist pin bearing, or if you were me, would you wait for the OEM wrist pin to arrive?
I can't really get a good read from the dealer on how long the delay might be...

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
10:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a Huztl/Farmertec kit for a 361, and this will be my first chainsaw kit build, so I need all the help I can get. Fortunately, I already have a genuine Stihl 361 so if all else fails, I can look at that to see how it's put together.

I think Afleetcommand built one of these, and going on his advice, I was going to use OEM:
wrist pin
wrist pin snap rings
wrist pin bearing
all brake parts
intake manifold

Problem is, my dealer says Stihl is out of stock for the wrist pins.

Do you all think I can get away with using the Farmertec wrist pin with OEM wrist pin bearing, or if you were me, would you wait for the OEM wrist pin to arrive? I can't really get a good read from the dealer on how long the delay might be...

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

The FarmerTec wrist pin is ok. The OEM one is just lighter.....