FOUND IT Stihl MS241

Trader history (0)

bcbz71

Active OPE Member
Local time
3:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hello all. Down here in Hurricane Michael country in Panama City Florida and still doing clean up 14 months after the Cat 5 storm rolled through. So much devastation, so many downed trees. As I age, my MS290 is just too heavy.

Looking for a new MS241 if anyone has one or has a lead on one. I'm sure there is some old new stock out there that can't be found with a Google search!

Thanks for any help on this.
Brad

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
4:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Isn't there a 241 currently for sale here in the For Sale department?

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Disregard...looks as if it has sailed!

bcbz71

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I know, right! I've been watching the for sale section and the day I don't check it, bam, one gets posted!

I'm sure there are others out there, but thanks for the heads up.

bcbz71

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
FOUND!

On a whim, decided to stop in my local Ace on the way back from Lowes today. Wanted to handle a 261 since finding a 241 seemed slim. I had called them a couple weeks ago and they QUICKLY said NO on a 241, so I assumed they were confident in their knowledge of the models.

I scanned the wall of orange and white looking for a 261 but not really seeing any Pro saws. Kinda overwhelmed, so I took a step back and looked up and there was a saw hanging by the 241C sign. Yessur....a brand new 241C with 16" bar and 3/8" "green" chain for $530---dust was free. I snatched it up and held on for dear life. Talked to the not-so-knowledgeable Stihl expert there and registered it on the touch screen kiosk with my 6-pack of oil to extend the warranty while he went outside and fired her up.

Took it to the front and asked about my military discount. Girl said let's scan it and see. Score! $477 + tax.

My wife said I was beaming when I brought it to her in the store!

Update: was reading the manual and paperwork last night. It’s a 241C-M with 18” bar and 3/8” chain. That will come in handy on my Granberg chainsaw sawmill!

Last edited:

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FOUND!

On a whim, decided to stop in my local Ace on the way back from Lowes today. Wanted to handle a 261 since finding a 241 seemed slim. I had called them a couple weeks ago and they QUICKLY said NO on a 241, so I assumed they were confident in their knowledge of the models.

I scanned the wall of orange and white looking for a 261 but not really seeing any Pro saws. Kinda overwhelmed, so I took a step back and looked up and there was a saw hanging by the 241C sign. Yessur....a brand new 241C with 16" bar and 3/8" "green" chain for $530---dust was free. I snatched it up and held on for dear life. Talked to the not-so-knowledgeable Stihl expert there and registered it on the touch screen kiosk with my 6-pack of oil to extend the warranty while he went outside and fired her up.

Took it to the front and asked about my military discount. Girl said let's scan it and see. Score! $477 + tax.

My wife said I was beaming when I brought it to her in the store!
Good on you for scoring a new 241C.