SOLD STIHL MS 661C

Trader history (0)

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
9:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Ok guess I'm wrong, was going to buy the 6 pack of oil anyway. I wasn't worried about it really needing the warranty. Guess it makes a little sense otherwise you need to prove not bought for pro use. But on the other end if I buy a 391 and a 6 pack of oil for the 2 year warranty. Use it cutting wood as a tree service but buy outright with cash what do they do about the warranty? Not saying I'd do that just a question how do they prove it one way or another?
Good question.maybe they assume that no one is gonna buy a 291 for commercial use.i know i wouldnt.or its a sales pitch to sell them things to average homeowner landowner.

RyeThomas

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was told the Mtronic saws can be hooked up to the dealer computer and they can get info off it. I’m not sure where the line in the sand is on run time but a pro used saw vs a typical wood hack used saw should show a big difference in run time.
Idk.
These 661’s are hard to pass up. Ugh where’s that darn money tree.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
8:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd like a 661 one thing am I'm wondering though been looking at Craigslist locally and seen quite a few new looking ones for 700$ or so. Newer saw bring less of an asking price than a 066/660? Seems wrong maybe a bunch had bad bearings? And these sellers aren't revealing the actual issue because they were nice.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok guess I'm wrong, was going to buy the 6 pack of oil anyway. I wasn't worried about it really needing the warranty. Guess it makes a little sense otherwise you need to prove not bought for pro use. But on the other end if I buy a 391 and a 6 pack of oil for the 2 year warranty. Use it cutting wood as a tree service but buy outright with cash what do they do about the warranty? Not saying I'd do that just a question how do they prove it one way or another?

I hear what you're saying. As a business owner (not a tree service, but I could write off a saw for farm use), for me personally, it wouldn't be worth the hassle. First, they know me at my saw shop, so I'd have to travel a different one, so wouldn't have any idea if they'd go to bat for me on a warranty anyway. Second, I'd have to withdraw the cash, and then save the receipt to prove that I'd bought it. Paying with a card makes it a lot easier to document your expenses should the need arise.

Lastly, after all this, you'd be stuck with a clamshell saw :(. I don't know what Echo, Husky, or Dolmar say about professional use, but if I was stuck on having a warranty, I'd be inclined to check all those options before pursuing a workaround for a Stihl. Just my .02.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'd like a 661 one thing am I'm wondering though been looking at Craigslist locally and seen quite a few new looking ones for 700$ or so. Newer saw bring less of an asking price than a 066/660? Seems wrong maybe a bunch had bad bearings? And these sellers aren't revealing the actual issue because they were nice.
Been looking for an 066 flat top.i cant find one.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From what I have know from personal friends husky isn't any better, might be worse in our area. I know one guy that bought a 350 to cut firewood the exhaust got loose at 3 months. The dealer said yep it happens so he put in new gasket and fixed the exhaust. Then at about 9-10 months old it blew up, they told him wrong oil. He was using oil he bought from them. Another guy lost the clutch side crankshaft end. Snapped flush with case, don't remember exact model but was an xp series. Same dealer said it was due to him not greasing the drum needle bearing. I told him no way in heck that the bearing got hot enough to make the crank change hardness and snap. He said didn't think it would because bearing still turns. Then the last guy I know has a tree service, his kid bought a 540t to try out it ran for like 6 weeks then started to give issues. He brings saw to dealer they say we scoped the bore it's blown up but we'll take for parts if you want to leave it. They bring it to me and I honestly have no idea about fixing and auto tune saw at this time"don't know everything on them but not as complicated as I thought". Pulled plug checked spark and compression, nice blue spark and 160 lbs on my tester. Find out steps to reset auto tune and after doing that seems to run pretty well.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been looking for an 066 flat top.i cant find one.
I'll keep an eye out, I see them time to time. Not a common saw in my area but usually when you find one it is an old one. Logging has kinda died off up here and some of the guys still have saws on the shelf that still run. My buddy has a red eye with a wrap that lost its lower rod bearing. But if he gets rid of it I'm taking for my collection.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'll keep an eye out, I see them time to time. Not a common saw in my area but usually when you find one it is an old one. Logging has kinda died off up here and some of the guys still have saws on the shelf that still run. My buddy has a red eye with a wrap that lost its lower rod bearing. But if he gets rid of it I'm taking for my collection.
Thats what i want and then put unlimited coil and flywheel i wanna flat top bad got 2 064s

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wouldn't leave with the limited coil? I think if I get it as long as it runs the full rpm like it's supposed to and isn't weak I'd leave it. Don't know if many have the working led anymore. I have one 064 that's running and one that needs crank bearings that I'm putting back together.IMG_0069.JPG

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only thing that sucks is the 066 is pretty rough since it's was first a loggers saw then my tree service buddy got for stumping.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Wouldn't leave with the limited coil? I think if I get it as long as it runs the full rpm like it's supposed to and isn't weak I'd leave it. Don't know if many have the working led anymore. I have one 064 that's running and one that needs crank bearings that I'm putting back together.View attachment 92569
Same here one runner one im building and transferring everything from one case to another to the later case with the 2 keyway flywheel and standard coil.with the reg unlimited coil