Trader history (0)

jmester

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have a nice used great running 661. Bought the saw new about a year ago. Has around 20 tanks through it. I have pulled the pin in the oil pump to allow for more oil output. I have also replaced the main crankshaft bearings.The flywheel side bearing was flaking chrome off the balls and was scratching the piston as you can see in the pictures. I also cleaned up the cylinder as well no scoring. Comes with a new max flow filter kit, new Hd2 spare filter and chip deflector for the west coast clutch cover. Would like to get $850 shipped. Thanks IMG_0706.JPGIMG_0707.JPGIMG_0708.JPGIMG_0709.JPG

jk14

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have a nice used great running 661. Bought the saw new about a year ago. Has around 20 tanks through it. I have pulled the pin in the oil pump to allow for more oil output. I have also replaced the main crankshaft bearings.The flywheel side bearing was flaking chrome off the balls and was scratching the piston as you can see in the pictures. I also cleaned up the cylinder as well no scoring. Comes with a new max flow filter kit, new Hd2 spare filter and chip deflector for the west coast clutch cover. Would like to get $850 shipped. Thanks View attachment 92281View attachment 92282View attachment 92283View attachment 92284

Nice looking saw there. Shouldn't the main bearings have been covered under warranty?

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If i had funds shed be gone im kicking tires right now

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
8:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You only get a 90 day warranty on pro saws. I didn't even have it out of the box in the first 90 days I own it.
I thought as long as it was a private party buying it they still gave a year. So long as wasn't bought through a company account but maybe I'm wrong. I bought pro stuff and they gave me the double warranty on my ht 101. Or so they said I had it because I wasn't a professional.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My buddy is manager at a stihl shop its 90 days across board so he says.unless they call stihl and get stihl to honor it by fighting for customer.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
8:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok guess I'm wrong, was going to buy the 6 pack of oil anyway. I wasn't worried about it really needing the warranty. Guess it makes a little sense otherwise you need to prove not bought for pro use. But on the other end if I buy a 391 and a 6 pack of oil for the 2 year warranty. Use it cutting wood as a tree service but buy outright with cash what do they do about the warranty? Not saying I'd do that just a question how do they prove it one way or another?