chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
LOL!

I've never had any problems with flippy caps, I actually prefer them over the screw caps....

(flame suit on)
Flame suit is what a buddies coworker needed when he failed to get the gas cap on cutting rebar :eek:.
He's fine now after a visit to the emergency room though and a few painful days.
Flippy caps are pretty simple to operate....if you aren't retarded....
As stated in my signature, "I may be slow but I'm not stupid", I'd be a liar if I said I didn't have a stihl dump oil down my leg before. For quite some time I had the directions for the stihl flippys as my avatar, it seemed a lot of others are a little slow as well lol.
I wonder why so many guys buy the adapters off Dave for them, lot's and lots of slow guys out here:pancarta:.
I've had them jamb up and I've used them once or twice on one or two different saws, I can't believe I haven't figured them out yet:risas3:.
I've never had a problem with the husky flippys myself.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Flame suit is what a buddies coworker needed when he failed to get the gas cap on cutting rebar :eek:.
He's fine now after a visit to the emergency room though and a few painful days.

As stated in my signature, "I may be slow but I'm not stupid", I'd be a liar if I said I didn't have a stihl dump oil down my leg before. For quite some time I had the directions for the stihl flippys as my avatar, it seemed a lot of others are a little slow as well lol.
I wonder why so many guys buy the adapters off Dave for them, lot's and lots of slow guys out here:pancarta:.
I've had them jamb up and I've used them once or twice on one or two different saws, I can't believe I haven't figured them out yet:risas3:.
:facepalm:

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Colin-Farrell-facepalm.gif

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I prefer the floppy caps on the 562... simpler to use. However, I don’t really care what caps a saw has... as long as they don’t leak.

Last edited:

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
...and yes I have spilled gas on myself with a incorrectly installed floppy cap :(. That was the last time I did that. Lol
Your only the second guy I've heard of that happened to it seems it's usually the oil.
Hope you didn't have a trip to the ER too :ambulance: :eek:.

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve never had a problem with either cap on my 201tc, but the oil fill flippy on my polesaw is a pain. It seems to be easily rotated out of alignment and not latch correctly. I have to really pay attention when I open it, fill and close.

Have they made aftermarket versions for those tiny ones yet?