Stihl Mediacat

Time's Standing Stihl

Below me...
Local time
11:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Who has the latest version they are willing to share? Tried opening mine last night....fail

Thanks

Warped5

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The one I have installed is v3.33 from 2011.

I have v5.6 (2013) here .... but it 'self de-activates' if the date is later than it's looking for.

There have been members on other forums that have explored hacking the software, but I don't know if it ever got any farther.

I've also looked into hacked copies, but those download sites scare me.

Time's Standing Stihl

Below me...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya, I actually got mine from the dealer, but my buddy moved on to a better job elsewhere.

Mine was a 2013 edition.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
stihl no longer uses or supports mediacat, they use partsmart and a specific dealer passcode for access to the Stihl info, granted by the distributer

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
stihl no longer uses or supports mediacat, they use partsmart and a specific dealer passcode for access to the Stihl info, granted by the distributer
Stihl are azzholes , top secrets CIA files , top secrets codes , top secrets passwords , etc,etc and all theese for what , for something that have before 200 years technology
i dont know why they dont make the factories near to the area 51

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl supports dealers, period.
Mediacat was free so dealers would give it away.
Partsmart is a $300 annual subscription per terminal with some volume discounts available and you have to pay another $$$.$$ per terminal for the Stihl parts pack.
Do you think the dealer will give this away?
Not even to a guy who spends $10,000 a month with them.
Some distributers track IP to see if the software is being used outside of the authorized location.
So a dealer loaning his password (which is actually illegal) might get his dealership pulled or lose access to Partsmart altogether without a refund.

Time's Standing Stihl

Below me...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya, partsmart sucks. Miss my mediacat. Like how it shows #s on what supersedes what.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Partsmart means DEALERS TRAFFICKING or i am wrong ?

VinceGU05

one day when i grow up...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
yeah i have ver 3.33 problem is it doesnt know Aussie part numbers.. bought bits for a 034 super using the numbers from medicat and they dont fit.. close but no cigar. need an aussie medicat. still very handy tho.

KiwiBro (deleted)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The version I have you change the date on the computer and you're good to go.

Depending on how they have structured their time/datelock, it may be possible to set the system clock to another date way, way off, install and then set your clock back the the current date thereafter. Just depends on the software.

radio

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was 2013 the last release of mediacat? Does anyone have a version later than that?

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you pin mediacat to your taskbar while you have your calender turned back, you won't have to turn your calender back anymore, just click on icon at bottom of screen.
which operating system were you able to do this?
also the major problem with doing any date rollback install is that it also defeats all the other updates that are date dependent, including all the security updates so it is a lot easier to get your computer infected with viruses in the rollback state
just my .02
Dave

Majorpayne

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
also the major problem with doing any date rollback install is that it also defeats all the other updates that are date dependent, including all the security updates so it is a lot easier to get your computer infected with viruses in the rollback state
just my .02
Dave
You only roll it back to pin it to taskbar and then put your calender back to today. Then all you have to do is clck on the icon instead of rolling your calender back.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You only roll it back to pin it to taskbar and then put your calender back to today. Then all you have to do is clck on the icon instead of rolling your calender back.
I guess my question is what really happens in the computer when you click the pinned icon. If the computer needs to be in 1964 to run the software, does everything revert to 1964 while you are running it without you really being aware or does the OS trick the device into bypassing the security feature on the software somehow?
Not trying to be ornery but that seems like a great trick as long as it doesn't open my machine to the vast villainy of the internet :)

Majorpayne

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You only need to back date your computer to load the program. As soon as you get it loaded, you can put your computer back to current date. When you pin it to task bar it stays loaded but you don't see it. That way you don't have to go to settings and change it everytime you want to use it but you can do it your way unless you want argue about it some more.

Majorpayne

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You only need to back date your computer to load the program. As soon as you get it loaded, you can put your computer back to current date. When you pin it to task bar it stays loaded but you don't see it. That way you don't have to go to settings and change it everytime you want to use it but you can do it your way unless you want argue about it some more.
If you pin mediacat to your taskbar while you have your calender turned back, you won't have to turn your calender back anymore, just click on icon at bottom of screen.

just my .02
Dave

I guess my question is what really happens in the computer when you click the pinned icon. If the computer needs to be in 1964 to run the software, does everything revert to 1964 while you are running it without you really being aware or does the OS trick the device into bypassing the security feature on the software somehow?
Not trying to be ornery but that seems like a great trick as long as it doesn't open my machine to the vast villainy of the internet :)
I was wrong. The version I have doesn't have to have the calender rolled back.