High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Stihl KM90R

firemanb72

OPE Member
Local time
4:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Brand new carburetor; gas pours out while the machine is off. Loosen the fuel cap and flow stops. New cap, new tank vent, new filter, new lines. I only run non-ethanol gas & synthetic 2-stroke oil.

3 pumps on the primer, fires 1st pull. Dies after a minute. Have to pump the primer to keep it running. In the mean time, gas runs out the carb to the air filter. I've tried every Low & High adjustment from completely closed to 2 turns. Nothing changes.

What am I missing?

Local dealer is lazy and recommends a new unit.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also need to check impulse line they are bad for leaking. Also need to check seals thay don't hold up good on any 4 mix app

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gas out the air filter is a needle not seating/sealing. Nothing to do with 4 mix. When you release the pressure it stops. Time for a carb kit and while at it I would personally do all new fuel lines and a primer bulb.

While going that far take 5 minutes and run the valves too..should be good to go for a good while longer. All normal wear stuff.

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
1:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Brand new carb and it leaks? Sounds to me like the float lever setting it to high, or there is crap in the carb. If you have to pump the primer to keep it running that means something is wrong with the carb itself. I'd pull it apart and check that float lever height. Problem seems to be that it's loading up from to much fuel. Valve adjustment would have nothing to do with the carb leaking.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Brand new carb and it leaks? Sounds to me like the float lever setting it to high, or there is crap in the carb. If you have to pump the primer to keep it running that means something is wrong with the carb itself. I'd pull it apart and check that float lever height. Problem seems to be that it's loading up from to much fuel. Valve adjustment would have nothing to do with the carb leaking.
KM90 is NOT a float carb.