trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
6:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I put a bolt all the way in and drove it down lightly with a hammer til it would not advance anymore. Slotted end parallel with the shaft.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I put a bolt all the way in and drove it down lightly with a hammer til it would not advance anymore. Slotted end parallel with the shaft.
Well you will find out when you run it.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Already did. The pump didn't work. You can see the internals spinning, even took off the top of the gearbox to make sure it was engaged. Put it on the shaft and started it up. After about 1 minute still nothing. You ever have that happen? Maybe on a 170, 180?

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Already did. The pump didn't work. You can see the internals spinning, even took off the top of the gearbox to make sure it was engaged. Put it on the shaft and started it up. After about 1 minute still nothing. You ever have that happen? Maybe on a 170, 180?
Maybe an oil port in in misalignment pull it out and look . Also there are oil port blow them out and clean make sure it flow check with carb cleaner or WD.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did all that. Its nice and clean, passages are clean, and oil pump definately spins( you can see it spinnng through the hole. The only thing it could be is I didnt put it down all the way. Got a new pump coming and I will try again. If then it still doesnt oil I'm going to get a AM head and put it on.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did all that. Its nice and clean, passages are clean, and oil pump definately spins( you can see it spinnng through the hole. The only thing it could be is I didnt put it down all the way. Got a new pump coming and I will try again. If then it still doesnt oil I'm going to get a AM head and put it on.
Maybe it ain't all the way in I think you press it in till it hits home , you lined up the ports you say? New one is like 40.00

Last edited:

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, I had the slotted edge aligned parallel with the shaft. Its an old head so I'll check to make sure thats the right way to install it. I'll re look at the oil passage to make sure I'm installing it right