Stihl HT 75 what do you guys think....

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It wont start if its 1 out. About 2 is where it will start. It seems like a fuel issue but the lines are new , the gas tank leaks so it cant be holding vacuum, and its a new carb. Of course the Chinese pieces of crap, you cant tell if its a real Zama or a knockoff.
So nothing changed much with the rpm's after you took the limiter off? Another thought , is the throttle cable pulling the carb flap all the way open or is their a little slack in the cable, see if it hits and stops solid all the way on? Maybe an adjustment can get you more rpms?

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It wont start if its 1 out. About 2 is where it will start. It seems like a fuel issue but the lines are new , the gas tank leaks so it cant be holding vacuum, and its a new carb. Of course the Chinese pieces of crap, you cant tell if its a real Zama or a knockoff.

Swap out the metering lever spring from the original carb.

The chinease tend to stick the first one that comes to hand correct or not.[emoji848]

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its the second carb I got for it, I'll take the limiters off it and see what it does!
Did you check the throttle cable to see if it has any loss of motion yet? Do that first.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup! I tried to pull the limiter caps off with a pair of pliers, no go. Looks like tomorrow I'll try the cook and if that doesnt do it then out comes the dremel. I wonder if I could just dremel off that little knob?

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup! I tried to pull the limiter caps off with a pair of pliers, no go. Looks like tomorrow I'll try the cook and if that doesnt do it then out comes the dremel. I wonder if I could just dremel off that little knob?
Sharp diagonal cutters and or a razor and cut them piece by piece, works for me. Careful don't bend the screws.

Last edited:

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Pry that little sucker up so you can rotate the screw. Use that little orange screwdriver.

Then when trying to adjust the rpm's, before you do anything, start and run it and test the rpm. Then, remove the air filter and read the rpm again.

Attachments

• 75.pdf
    239.5 KB · Views: 5

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like that idea about the metering lever spring. I'll do it see if it makes a difference. Working the last two days so I had limited time to mess with it. I'll mess with it tomorrow.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ah hah! Success! Looked at metering lever, it was right. Changed out spring though. Put on new coil, it was a little better. Thanks alot for that manual Fish, really helped out alot. Took off the limiter caps and took the H down to about 1/2, and she throttles up to 10.5 k. Oiler still doesnt work though. Looked in the gearbox and it looks pretty good. Is it worth my while ordering a new pump or getting a Chinese head for this thing? What does that "open" mean by the screw on the sprocket? Still learning about these things. Thanks alot to all who chimed in, it was appreciated!

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ah hah! Success! Looked at metering lever, it was right. Changed out spring though. Put on new coil, it was a little better. Thanks alot for that manual Fish, really helped out alot. Took off the limiter caps and took the H down to about 1/2, and she throttles up to 10.5 k. Oiler still doesnt work though. Looked in the gearbox and it looks pretty good. Is it worth my while ordering a new pump or getting a Chinese head for this thing? What does that "open" mean by the screw on the sprocket? Still learning about these things. Thanks alot to all who chimed in, it was appreciated!
More oil this way?

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats kinda what I was thinking....but then again, thats me thinking!! Lol I dont see where its an adjustable oiler though.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats kinda what I was thinking....but then again, thats me thinking!! Lol I dont see where its an adjustable oiler though.
A pic would help but could it be a direction for which way the sprocket retaining screw unscrews?

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anyone have a service manual for the head unit on a 75? I've got the manual, it covers everything but the head. Got to find out if I am putting this oil pump in correctly.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anyone have a service manual for the head unit on a 75? I've got the manual, it covers everything but the head. Got to find out if I am putting this oil pump in correctly.
How are you putting it in ? You should pull it in with a bolt in the threaded end use washers to get it to go further if needed.