High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Stihl FS80 AV IPL (Parts List)

~Yellow Streak~

Active OPE Member
Local time
9:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I purchased a FS80 owner's manual off of TheBay. It covers the FS80E, FS80AVE, FS80RE and FS80AVRE.

PM me with your email address if you'd like to have it.

I also purchased a service manual, but I'm still waiting on it. I won't know if it's the corresponding manual until I receive it. Seller didn't show but a couple of pictures. I wanted to get it before somebody else did and take my chances!

Abbadon

OPE Member
Local time
1:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Can anyone point me to a source, ideally in Europe/UK for the correct fuel tank cap for one of these, i cant identify if they are the same as a modern alternative from later stihl, some people say they are a mitsubishi engine some say a Shindaiwa designed unit. Mine has a TK slide carb, but its the damn cap that's stopping me use it, its split and i cant keep fuel in the tank.

ray benson

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can anyone point me to a source, ideally in Europe/UK for the correct fuel tank cap for one of these, i cant identify if they are the same as a modern alternative from later stihl, some people say they are a mitsubishi engine some say a Shindaiwa designed unit. Mine has a TK slide carb, but its the damn cap that's stopping me use it, its split and i cant keep fuel in the tank.
Can't help finding one. But here is the ipl.

Attachments

• fs 80av ipl.pdf
    972 KB · Views: 27

Shaco

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Is this what you are looking for?
2 years later and you just helped me find part numbers for an old fs80 I picked up! Now hopefully some of these parts are still around!

Bob in TN

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just wanted to jump in: Made an account just to be able to to D/L the parts list. Working on getting my dad's old machine working. Got it to idle yesterday by pouring fuel directly into the carb, now I'm working on the fuel system.

Thanks again for all the help in this thread, it's been great!

ray benson

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just wanted to jump in: Made an account just to be able to to D/L the parts list. Working on getting my dad's old machine working. Got it to idle yesterday by pouring fuel directly into the carb, now I'm working on the fuel system.

Thanks again for all the help in this thread, it's been great!
Check your inbox for the service manual. Ipl is in post 25

JJinga

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thank Ray, but that is an IPL for the newer model FS80 etc.

I'm looking for the old IPL for the Japan made FS80, FS80AV, FS80AVR, etc with the Robin (I think) engine utilizing a slide carburetor.

If anyone passin thru knows if another manufacturer put their name on one of these machines, PLEASE let me know.
I have one of those fs80avre trimmers and found a new carb on Amazon. It's not a tk but is a slide type. Bolts right up. Had to get two longer bolts to mount carb and the air filter had to be turned not to block choke.

ray benson

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have one of those fs80avre trimmers and found a new carb on Amazon. It's not a tk but is a slide type. Bolts right up. Had to get two longer bolts to mount carb and the air filter had to be turned not to block choke.
Check your inbox

Bob in TN

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Also wanted to add: The plastic nipple on my primer pump is broken, and the part is no longer made. I found this on Ebay that uses a modern style bulb: https://www.ebay.com/c/898544930

I screwed it on, cut some longer fuel line and works perfectly. Cheers!

Gino

New OPE Member
Local time
12:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score

I have an old FS80 (Japanese made with TK carb) also with similar issues of it running and then stopping. It primes ok so it's getting fuel, fitted a new carb kit and it still does the same thing. I'm thinking of changing the carb also, do you have a link for the unit you purchased of amazon? If anyone has any other suggestions that would be great.

Gman.au

OPE Member
Local time
12:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi all thanks for allowing me into your forum. I too was searching for info on the Fs80ave brushcutter as i came across one whilst cleaning up a house for sale here in oz. I had previously found the ipl but i am also looking for a users manual and a repair manual. I am trying to found out the hose configuration as i thinks thats the only issue with it. (Im hoping so).
I did read above that 1 of the hoses is like a primer overflow and dumps the fuel onto the ground. Can anyone confirm this and does anyone have a picture of the hose configuration. Thank you all cheers Gman.au.
Ps i managed to get a fuel cap from my local stihl dealer so if anyone needed any info still on the cap im happy to provide if its an assistance to you.
Happy gardening all

ray benson

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi all thanks for allowing me into your forum. I too was searching for info on the Fs80ave brushcutter as i came across one whilst cleaning up a house for sale here in oz. I had previously found the ipl but i am also looking for a users manual and a repair manual. I am trying to found out the hose configuration as i thinks thats the only issue with it. (Im hoping so).
I did read above that 1 of the hoses is like a primer overflow and dumps the fuel onto the ground. Can anyone confirm this and does anyone have a picture of the hose configuration. Thank you all cheers Gman.au.
Ps i managed to get a fuel cap from my local stihl dealer so if anyone needed any info still on the cap im happy to provide if its an assistance to you.
Happy gardening all
Check your inbox. Haven't seen an owners manual. Maybe someone can send us a copy?

~Yellow Streak~

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm back! Was without internet for a few years.

Sorry... To anyone who may have tried to get in touch with me as in post #22
First thing I did after gettin back online was to delete 1000s of old emails.

I figured I would have sent you the owners manual Ray. I forget how to send it to you now. (or, to Gman)

I'll check back later today (Yawn);)

Last edited:

ray benson

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm back! Was without internet for a few years.

Sorry... To anyone who may have tried to get in touch with me as in post #22
First thing I did after gettin back online was to delete 1000s of old emails.

I figured I would have sent you the owners manual Ray. I forget how to send it to you now. (or, to Gman)

I'll check back later today (Yawn);)
Sent you a conversation. You can attach it there. Thank You!

dao paul

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
would you send me the amazon carb's link. thanks

~Yellow Streak~

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Don't know about Amazon but you can find ("TK Slide Carb Echo Shindaiwa") on ebay for as little as $14 out of China. You'd pay dearly for a genuine TK carb, if you could even find one. I'd say the same search would yield Amazon results. (along with a bunch of other items that don't pertain to the search)