High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Stihl FS80 AV IPL (Parts List)

~Yellow Streak~

Active OPE Member
Local time
10:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Thank Ray, but that is an IPL for the newer model FS80 etc.

I'm looking for the old IPL for the Japan made FS80, FS80AV, FS80AVR, etc with the Robin (I think) engine utilizing a slide carburetor.

If anyone passin thru knows if another manufacturer put their name on one of these machines, PLEASE let me know.

Anto86

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
i checked my archive and i not have this part list. I'm sorry.
I checked online and the file is for the new models fs series.

your model is this?
Cattura.JPG

~Yellow Streak~

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks Anto86. Yes, That is it. Mine is complete except for the primer assy on the fuel tank. I've got a workaround solution for that. Somebody mounted a circular saw blade on it. Does anybody know what the max diameter brush blade that is feasible to use on these?

Is the primer working on that machine? If so it would be a big help if you could tell me which of those clear fuel lines is "pulling" fuel and which one is "pushing" fuel.

Last edited:

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yellow Streak, I believe your looking the IPL for the E series. IE: FS80AVE or FS80RE. I have lost mine and I have seen one those unit in a long time made back in the 80's if remember correctly.

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Anto86. Yes, That is it. Mine is complete except for the primer assy on the fuel tank. I've got a workaround solution for that. Somebody mounted a circular saw blade on it. Does anybody know what the max diameter brush blade that is feasible to use on these?
200MM (7.9") is what in the ipl.

~Yellow Streak~

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
U DA MAN Ray! Thank You!

I did notice one more thing it's missing. The wire thing under the powerhead that props it up off the ground. I'll probably just bend one of them myself. I picked up this Stihl trimmer, a Mac Pro 10-10 A and an old Honda generator for $60. I think the generator has a broken valve spring. It has little to no compression.

Last edited:

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
U DA MAN Ray! Thank You!

I did notice one more thing it's missing. The wire thing under the powerhead that props it up off the ground. I'll probably just bend one of them myself. I picked up this Stihl trimmer, a Mac Pro 10-10 A and an old Honda generator for $60. I think the generator has a broken valve spring. It has little to no compression.
More likely a gummed up or stuck valve.

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
+1 on the thanks. I was thinking was the 4112 engine but didn't have the IPL here. I do now

~Yellow Streak~

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Curiously, the ipl doesn't depict the shaft or drive rod.

It also doesn't show a stringhead. So, I'm assuming the models covered are only brushcutters and no stringhead would be available for them. Then again, the blade is mounted by a bolt that goes through the adapter and blade into female threads at the gearhead, so, I might find a (non-bumpfeed) stringhead that would mount up. (or just mount a weedblade). I have a few Mac 8" brush blades that have teeth around the perimeter shaped like a chainsaw chain's teeth. I'm hoping one of them will mount up. I think I'll go investigate now!

Thanks Guyz

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are several bump heads on the market that will fit the mount just needs the right adapter. Some the Heads I have sold over the last 7 yrs actually come with multiple adapters. They are basically a screw with two different sized ends. Think of them as a pencil sharpen on both but being a screw instead.

~Yellow Streak~

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah AVB, I've got one of those out here in the garage somewhere, but there isn't a knife on the debris shield on my unit. I have a craftsman parts trimmer with an aluminum hub that you put two strands of line thru. I'll investigate it. Alternatively, I have a head out here somewhere that uses the swinging plastic blades. That would be the best route in the long run. (replaceable blades, albeit, if I could find replacements)

Hmmm, That's a different debris shield in the pic from Anto86 so, it might have a knife. I'll have to investigate.

I tried the Mac blade. It is 200mm, but it is 20mm arbor. The Stihl is 1" arbor. I'll have to buy one.

Would it not be feasible to use a 9" blade on this trimmer?

P.S. I overlooked that the IPL does show the drive shaft. Just a small section view...

~Yellow Streak~

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
your model is this?
cattura-jpg.74915

Hey Anto86, Is this a trimmer you own and is the primer working? If so, can you tell me which of those clear fuel lines is "drawing" fuel to the primer and which is "pushing" fuel toward the carb?

Anto86

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I looked for a photo of the web to understand the model of your trimmer. I'm sorry.
generally the fuel line is so composed:
- the filter inside the tank mix and first tube line to the carburetor;
- exit the carburetor with the second tube line and connect on the primer bulb;
- exit the primer and return inside the fuel tank.
in this case I cannot tell you anything else, because I don't know your model of trimmer.

regards

~Yellow Streak~

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ahh, I think I figured it out. The fuel tank only has one line coming "out" of it. Apparently the original primer system (which is missing) pulled primer gas through the carb then spit the excess out on the ground. I'll rectify that. I have a 2 hole grommet that will fit the hole in the tank where the grommet/filter assembly goes.

I'm hoping that I can rig a primer bulb, redo the fuel lines etc and she'll fire right up. I'm knockin on wood!
At least you can still get carb rebuild kits for it.

By the way, I have a friend here in the area from Italy. His last name is De Cola.