Stihl doesn't think I can adjust my carb but Husky does

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought 3 trimmers within the past year one Stihl and 2 Huskies. The Stihl has a fully adjustable Zama rotary valve carb but the manual states that the carb has been adjusted for optimum efficiency in all operating states. Well that's just BS since it was already set too lean from the factory. Boo on you Stihl.

The Husky manuals go into detail about how to adjust the carb and although I know how to do this, the information may come in handy to some people. Good on you Husqvarna.

CTYank

Killer of Invasives
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've a couple (25, 26 cc) Tanaka engines on polesaw/brushcutter with barrel-valve diaphragm carbs, that are "non-adjustable". The 25 cc one on the polesaw has been exercised mercilessly for ~2.5 yrs, and has not given the slightest indication of a problem, or need of carb adjustment. Maybe I'm just lucky? I'll get back to you if I ever have to get into their carb innards.
Pretty powerful little critters for their size, too. The 26 cc one on the brushcutter should be properly broken in soon.
Did I mention that both these machines are also so lightweight compared to "comparable" creamsicles they have a bud salivating.

Jughead

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i have a tanaka tbc280 that i put a long shaft in.i love that thing.also have a tbc340 but i wore it out.its torn down at the moment for a future rebuild.