OK. I will check on that. Thanks.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dealer wanted to charge me 15 minutes of labor to install a $1 bushing.

30 second job to install.

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I know I got a recoil cover for an 066 that needs replacing in my pile. Never knew it could be done. I'm a tool hoe....may just buy one fer chits and giggles.
Unless @backhoelover or @panteliss has one ?

take a M6 bolt and weld a M8 nut at the end then take a small tube and a M6 bolt this is the tool that you need , ohh its not oem but it done the job

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dealer wanted to charge me 15 minutes of labor to install a $1 bushing.

30 second job to install.
Might take that to do the actually install once the tool in place but I would think it takes longer as the tech got to get the tools out and put them back. I know it does for me on any job. Even I would charge 1/4 hr for the job which is bad considering I have a normal 1 hr minimum charge for any work.
a long M8 nut to a M6 bolt and a small tube + M6 nut and the job done
Not to bad of idea but an improvement might be taking a half round file to file a flaring curve on the end the does the flaring as to flare and not to compress. Just a thought...

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Might take that to do the actually install once the tool in place but I would think it takes longer as the tech got to get the tools out and put them back. I know it does for me on any job. Even I would charge 1/4 hr for the job which is bad considering I have a normal 1 hr minimum charge for any work.

Not to bad of idea but an improvement might be taking a half round file to file a flaring curve on the end the does the flaring as to flare and not to compress. Just a thought...

yes the idea is good for someone who repair saws for hobby and will do it once or maybe twice for someone who live with this i agree to buy the tool

The slower and not organized technician that make more time to do the job for sure he lost customers just because the next time the customer will look for a faster and a more organized technician that do the same job in a half time so he pay and half money

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thing is, I buy all my Stihl parts at this dealership. I was kind of hoping that they would do it out of courtesy, since I have been a customer fir over 25 years. I bought many OPE from them over the years.
But hey, what do I know.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thing is, I buy all my Stihl parts at this dealership. I was kind of hoping that they would do it out of courtesy, since I have been a customer fir over 25 years. I bought many OPE from them over the years.
But hey, what do I know.
You know how to pay....
Or learn to do it yer self..... :)

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
But hey, what do I know.[/QUOT

So now you see who's orders listen the dealers............................... like good dogs , even for 25 years customer