High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Stihl bar Issues

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
6:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I've seen worn out bars cut perfectly straight. The cutter length, and raker height play a bigger role in making a straight cut than bar rail wear.....

And Ive seen more then a few "25 years in the service" guys file like poo....sure looks like they are doin something with a file while smoking and BS'ing.....but actually sharpening the chain..... eh.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
are they using regular bar oil or some mixed up stuff and is the oiler turned up enough ?

HighSierras

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I recently bought three new Stihl ES bars, and they are all excellent. Grooves are tight and rails are hard. Every time I have seen or experienced rapid bar wear with Stihl bars has been due to lack of sufficient oiling and/or improper sharpening. While I'm sure that some sub-par bars could slip through quality-control, if they are experiencing this issue over and over, I would certainly look hard at oiling and proper chain maintenance.

RonL

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you sure they are genuine Stihl? There is a lot of fake merchandise out there.

RonL

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If its the same guys and different bars you may be on to something. If they are new guys and the same bars ,well! Sounds like you should compare the new ones to an older one that someone has put away and figure this out. Contact Stihl via email and ask what they did different and send them one to scrutinize.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
5:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm running a 050 play chain in a shot 063 bar and it oils and cuts straight.

Most here don't run stihl bars though.

Dieselshawn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the replies fellas, as far as I know, they're using winter blend Save A Chain bar lube. They Use as much oil as the saw uses gas so that should mean oiler should be working.

I would have to ask them if a .058 chain fits in the groove of a new bar.