Stihl auger. Identifying model

Stuart

New OPE Member
Local time
10:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi.
I have a old Stihl auger that I need to buy a new borring bit for. How do identity what model it is?
It has a plate with type number stamped along with some other numbers but none say what model machine it is. image.jpegimage.jpeg These are photos of machine & numbers.
I can see it uses the same engine unit as a disc cutter, does anyone know what model disc cutter it is?
Being Stihl I assume parts are still readily available?
Thanks Stu

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Likely nla.
BT309 is the auger model, 08/TS350 powerhead

Stuart

New OPE Member
Local time
10:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks Fish for your speedy reply.
So ami correct thinking all the engine parts are exactly the same as a TS350 disc cutter?
Having never done any work on either I can only assume parts are still readily available for both machines?
Does anyone know how I go about removing the boring bit from the drive?
I've tried undoing the bolt that screws in at the top where it connects to the drive shaft. I haven't put much effort into getting it off as being unsure about it I didn't want to break anything.
I need to get a 6" & 8" boring bit for fence post holes. Does anyone know if they are still available?
Thanks Stu

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the various attachments made, looks like they are nla=no longer available, probably the same for the parts on the powerhead.
I worked on one 10 years ago, rebuilt it with parts off of e-bay, and I never fooled with the attachments.

auger 001.JPG

ray benson

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi.
I have a old Stihl auger that I need to buy a new borring bit for. How do identity what model it is?
I can see it uses the same engine unit as a disc cutter, does anyone know what model disc cutter it is?
Being Stihl I assume parts are still readily available?
Thanks Stu
Check your inbox for the ipl. Added a ts350 ipl and service manual.