dirter

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In my little town we had a saws only Stihl dealer for just shy of 50 years. Stihl set up the local hardware store as a dealer less than 3 miles away which prompted the original dealer to retire. They’re doing it to other small town dealers around here too.
Husky did it too several years ago. We had a dedicated dealer then TSC started stocking shelves with them and the quality went to crap for several years. Hope Stihl doesn’t make the same bonehead mistake.

S Sidwell

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Husqvarna was at Tractor Supply, then Husky moved Jonsered in for a few years, pulled Jonsered back out and put Husqvarna back in. Now Jonsered at Home Depot. They got Lowes and Home Depot covered with their brand. Don't think Stihl will last long at Northern. Best watch the sales at TC when they move Echo out, may get a good bargain. Doubt Stihl would go to TS with Husky being there, still won't get any service from them, just a number to call.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just spoke to my dad a few minutes ago and he told me what stihl was doing, but he said all battery powered/electric products are being sold on Amazon as well. We are no longer Stihl dealers, but makes me mad for the dealers that are still trying to make it. I kind of figured I would find a thread on here if it was really happening.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
6:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just talked to a friend that works at an ACE Hardware and he said yes Stihl is coming in but battery and electric only.

Scheels Ace Hardware in a Grand Forks and Fargo have been full line STIHL dealers for as long as I’ve been interested in saws.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also says they are getting a new Ergo 56 volt chainsaw that was demo to them recently. So they brought out a 14 inch dry hard maple for him to cut on and everyone was surprised how well it performed for what it is.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also says they are getting a new Ergo 56 volt chainsaw that was demo to them recently. So they brought out a 14 inch dry hard maple for him to cut on and everyone was surprised how well it performed for what it is.

I’m really torn between the Makita battery top handle and an Echo 2511

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Tough choice Gary, Makita battery fits lots of tools but the 2511 is a sweet little saw, guess if i was cutting in a cold climate I would buy the 2511 as the batteries prob wnt hold a charge in the cold as long.jmo

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tough choice Gary, Makita battery fits lots of tools but the 2511 is a sweet little saw, guess if i was cutting in a cold climate I would buy the 2511 as the batteries prob wnt hold a charge in the cold as long.jmo

I wouldn’t expect to use a top handle in the winter.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also says they are getting a new Ergo 56 volt chainsaw . . .

Might be 'EGO'?

They have been around a while in both the US and Europe, and received good reviews on A.S.

https://egopowerplus.com/products

. . . the batteries prob wnt hold a charge in the cold as long.jmo

I have used battery saws down to 20*F.

Bigger problem was with the bar oil - had to thin it out quite a bit, because no combustion to heat it up!

Philbert

Last edited:

tree monkey

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's exactly who. Harry homeowner needs a saw on a Sunday...ope dealers in my area aren't open on sundays, us included...so he cruises to one of these box style farm stores and picks up his 179 dollar ms170 to do his weekend cutting...he's given zero info on how to run the thing...takes it home and immediately runs the thing with the brake on. Monday rolls around and now he's standing in front of me *b-wordin cuz his new stihl just took a *s-word and wants it warrantied. They never take it back to the farm store because they know the service dept. is non existent. Now I'm the prick because that's considered user error and not covered by the warranty. Thanks stihl. Assbags. Keep setting these jaggoffs up though and moving units. Ain't hurtin their bottom line. :BangHead: Either way, compete or die. Rant over.

I tell those *a-holes to take it back where you bought it, it's not my problem. if stihl don't like it, they can stick it up there ass

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Ain't he cute!
Might be 'EGO'?

They have been around a while in both the US and Europe, and received good reviews on A.S.

https://egopowerplus.com/products

I have used battery saws down to 20*F.

Bigger problem was with the bar oil - had to thin it out quite a bit, because no combustion to heat it up!

Philbert

Probably, never saw the name in print and I am dealing with rednecks here so...

I tell those *a-holes to take it back where you bought it, it's not my problem. if stihl don't like it, they can stick it up there ass

Ornery old monkey. Lol

That could also be an option but haven’t heard enough about them or seen any reasonable pricing yet.

I'm kinda like Charlton Heston on this, they can pry my last gas power saw out of my cold dead hands, after that I won't care no more. No batteries for me. :)