drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
6:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Try not to stab yourself in the hand pushing it all back together. I ended up using the channel lock pliers to hold it together so I could drive the roll pin back in View attachment 188820

I’m still trying to figure out why the “scoop” section being deeper of larger does anything. The amount a piston can pump in a bore has to be the swept volume, regardless of initial or ending volume. So with a deeper scoop, you just get more beginning and more end volume, but the change (what gets pumped out) should be the same. Unless the edges are narrower and allow more fill and dump time, that I’m not sure on.

I won’t help with a stock p&c?
Or do u think he will gain power with the 044 carb and boot and only a muff mod?

Only did on ported ones. Not sure if it’s worth the effort on a stock jug. 2 factory jugs exist, I can’t recall for sure, but I think it was the “Stihl” branded jug and not the Mahle that had the bigger transfers.

Changing to the 1128 HD carb requires the boot/surround and drilling a spot for an 1128 impulse line. Also, the choke rod needs to be swapped between carbs.

They run well. One I did clearly beat one of my 036. The muffler on the 361 purely sucks balls.

Chit, I wanna know who's porting it! Lol

o_O

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I’m still trying to figure out why the “scoop” section being deeper of larger does anything. The amount a piston can pump in a bore has to be the swept volume, regardless of initial or ending volume. So with a deeper scoop, you just get more beginning and more end volume, but the change (what gets pumped out) should be the same. Unless the edges are narrower and allow more fill and dump time, that I’m not sure on.

Only did on ported ones. Not sure if it’s worth the effort on a stock jug. 2 factory jugs exist, I can’t recall for sure, but I think it was the “Stihl” branded jug and not the Mahle that had the bigger transfers.

Changing to the 1128 HD carb requires the boot/surround and drilling a spot for an 1128 impulse line. Also, the choke rod needs to be swapped between carbs.

They run well. One I did clearly beat one of my 036. The muffler on the 361 purely sucks balls.

o_O

Four jug version by two manufactures. The second Stihl has the larger transfers but the Mahle has a better lower transfer area. I combined the two assets into one Stihl jug. Worked very well indeed. It just a muffler....never sucked my balls.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where's all your vids of all these lightening fast saws???

kgale

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Excellent thread. Would the same part numbers, 1128 647 4803 for the control bolt and 1128 647 0602 for the pump piston work for a Stihl MS 441 C Magnum? My oiler has ceased to function and if I'm going to take it apart to fix that then I want to switch to HO components because I use it for milling more than anything else. I have plenty of mechanical repair experience but not so much with chain saws. I don't trust the online stores claiming to have these part numbers as "OEM" parts when my local Stihl dealer says Stihl doesn't make them. (True, not true? Don't know.) Just looking for some suggestions on where to source them.