Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The bottom end of my 770gs was about that bad. No leaks or issues yet. Gonna be a sweet build!

Definitely not deep enough for leaks. Just a bit rough. Trying to desire whether to use these or not. Taking a look at the lower crank bearing, I can see that the cage is broken on it...so I will be pulling one of the others apart regardless.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
12:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will also be sending a cylinder in for re-plating. I have a new OEM one ready...but don’t want to see a cylinder go to waste.

Are you gonna over bore and then have it replated?

Glock37

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well. Bottom end on this is pretty rough inside. Here is a photo of the worst part. What do you think?? Usable?
View attachment 114021
Edit with a second pic...View attachment 114022

ive blasted those kinds of white death and we powder over too seal

blasting does take some meat away but it wasnt hanging on by much to begin with so you never know untill you blast it and find out how loose the meat was

repair would be difficult the oil and gas in that metal would be the problem

its amazing how much is in clean cases until you heat them it all oozes out and stinks up the joint

if you send them i would need the old bearing to insert in bores but i split them first

Mike

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had planned on sending them to you when I have them cleaned up and partially prepped.
I have scraped a good portion of the white death out.
Seems to be in decent shape. There is one questionable spot where it may be close to going through one of the bolt holes. I won’t chance it on this set of cases...and will tear down a different one this weekend...possibly today.
Thank you for your input!!

Glock37

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If u get another case send along the corroded one just to see how bad it will be after blasting the soft stuff off

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds good. I was thinking I might send two sets of cases. The corroded one...just to get it sealed..and the other for this particular project

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wanna convert my old Contra to a 66mm P/C some time soon.....just gotta quit spending the $$ on other saws and commit to buying the parts......

Nice Contra. Do you have the 66mm jug for your Contra already? If not, I do wish you luck in finding one. Rare as rocking horse poop. And expensive.

You can put an 090 66 mm jug on the Contra but then the Contra cylinder shroud and bonnet won't work because the 090 spark plug location and orientation.

My $.02

Scott

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice Contra. Do you have the 66mm jug for your Contra already? If not, I do wish you luck in finding one. Rare as rocking horse poop. And expensive.

You can put an 090 66 mm jug on the Contra but then the Contra cylinder shroud and bonnet won't work because the 090 spark plug location and orientation.

My $.02

Scott
I have an 090 jug, so yes, I'd have to change the shroud and such.

To be honest, it's running just fine as is for now, and plenty of power for what I need it for, so I'll continue to watch for an S jug and if/when I find one, then I'll consider doing the swap.....