Stihl 084 running out lean at WOT?

hydro74

Active OPE Member
Local time
11:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Howdy
Ive got two saws that I have recently rebuilt, and both have the same issues. I have a stihl 084 and a stihl 038 magnum, both have had the seals replaced with oem ones, new oem fuel lines and filters, new plugs and both have been pressure and vacuum tested with no leaks, carbs have also been rebuilt and tested. The problem I am having is both saws at wide open throttle rev way to high even with the h jet back out they both still run away. They both idle fine and both start easily with good compression (new rings in both) Im at a stand still with both of these i've re built a few of each of these both before and never had this issue, any thoughts?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
2:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Howdy
Ive got two saws that I have recently rebuilt, and both have the same issues. I have a stihl 084 and a stihl 038 magnum, both have had the seals replaced with oem ones, new oem fuel lines and filters, new plugs and both have been pressure and vacuum tested with no leaks, carbs have also been rebuilt and tested. The problem I am having is both saws at wide open throttle rev way to high even with the h jet back out they both still run away. They both idle fine and both start easily with good compression (new rings in both) Im at a stand still with both of these i've re built a few of each of these both before and never had this issue, any thoughts?
Check the tank vent, intake boot or decomp valve