High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Stihl 066 v's MS660 v's MS661

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
12:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Ill take the one that I can adjust with a screw driver and not need to plug in for help...
at some point its just easier to have a "manual" saw and not an automatic any freekin thing.

anything with a "wire" or a "string" sticking out of it turns me off.:eek:

Says " the old grumpy guy" in the back of the room.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Interesting! I wouldnt have thought a ported 661 would outdo a ported 660. I remember Randy had a fingered 660 that was alil quicker than a ported 661
Some of the 066 videos here on OPE show that there are a few 066's running round here that will lead any 661 to water on any day
A 661 with a long bar is hard to beat.
Yup, but I know a few guys who can make it happen with an 066;)

Rains

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Oh my man when u do u will be hooked on porting:)

As a fire wood hack I just don't see me having a need for a one, I watch the videos and smile man that's nice just not for me, I muff mod them and run it. Coming from a family of tree service that never ported a saw. My dad is all about letting them breath and exhaust and running them to make money. I try to keep saws for as long as I can and have yet to find a tree I can't drop and buck up. The monkey guy here even says its a fad so I believe him

Redbull661

661 hoarder (BlueBallz)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As a fire wood hack I just don't see me having a need for a one, I watch the videos and smile man that's nice just not for me, I muff mod them and run it. Coming from a family of tree service that never ported a saw. My dad is all about letting them breath and exhaust and running them to make money. I try to keep saws for as long as I can and have yet to find a tree I can't drop and buck up. The monkey guy here even says its a fad so I believe him

To under state it - you simply do not know what you are missing!

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To under state it - you simply do not know what you are missing!
He's got a muffler modded 661

Quite frankly, if I were doing cutting for a living, I'd be running exactly what he is !!

I'd have a few ported 066's on the side, but the smootheness and mpg of the 661 is perfect for business

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It takes some work to beat a 661 but it can be done.
I believe Moparmyway has a couple 066's that will beat his strong 661 at any length.

I've seen a 064 hybrid flog a 661 also.

66 has been around a long time but in 5 years it will probably be the other way around.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To the OP, it would be cheaper to tear the saw down and get it powder coated and replace bearings and seals. Saw would be just like new again and you would know what you've got then. If you buy another used saw it could possibly need the same treatment.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Interesting! I wouldnt have thought a ported 661 would outdo a ported 660. I remember Randy had a fingered 660 that was alil quicker than a ported 661

People get way too hung up on a second or two here or there in a saw. What about drivability? Fuel usage? Operator comfort? And so on......

Here's the videos you are thinking about I believe.

The MS661 as I was still developing my "recipe". This saw has the intake at stock height.

This MS661 is after I was done playing.....and this is how I've been doing them since.

The MS660 when I was playing with intake height. This saw has some epoxy in the intake.

The MS660 the way I always do them. Just bridge ports, no epoxy in the intake.

Rains

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Dang Rains dial 'er back boy. Crank it down a notch.

The word clan maybe overboard there, love seeing the builds you guys posts just meant clan as a club. I'm not the best with political correct I guess. Randy is killing me with these 661 posts next he will be posting the 362 all ported and polished and I'll be on my jealous hater mode again LOL

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
066/660 design is three decades old, the 661 is a current saw offering everything a modern pro saw can. An updated 661 with the bugs removed is about as good as a 90cc saw currantly gets. Fuel efficiency with strato tech, spring AV, Mtronics and factory light bar are a few good decent improvements. Scared of the computer-saw syndrome well you can fit a standard adjustable carb if one desires. I was never in a rush to be the first to own one and am glad I did'nt get a first production run saw. I will wait until all factory upgrades and bugs are sorted by then the excitement is over and people will sell them at sensible used prices. I think they have worked through most of the little issues already to be honest.