Stihl 064 help

RedFir Down

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gotcha, then yes get the new parts along with that boot.

Never seen that style you have there
Thank's. That's what I thought.
I stopped by my dealer today to see if he had a boot and he just had the new style boot.
I asked him if I got the new boot would I need the 2 different 066/660 intake parts and he looked at me confused and said "now it sounds like you are just trying to N**** rig that saw". I got slightly irritated and told him if I was going to do that I would use the old boot. Incompetent douche...

RedFir Down

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He just wants to do the repairs in house. And obviously would use the same 066 parts that you are
I'm not exactly sure, I really dont think he like having that old stuff in the shop for repair. I feel he has an "entitlement" attitude... he's entitled to do nothing and make a good living just because he owns a stihl dealership.
He is the shop owner and has had probably 10-12 different techs in the last 2-3 years.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
4:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You have to be careful when you switch from the old style boot to the newer boot- the opening in the early 064 air box is slightly smaller. Usually it's not a problem but sometimes there's a gap that allows debris and sawdust in. You also have to switch to the newer metal ring (turbulator) that goes inside the opening of the boot. You ditch the old plate style and gasket. I've got a newer style good used boot I can send your way.

RedFir Down

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You have to be careful when you switch from the old style boot to the newer boot- the opening in the early 064 air box is slightly smaller. Usually it's not a problem but sometimes there's a gap that allows debris and sawdust in. You also have to switch to the newer metal ring (turbulator) that goes inside the opening of the boot. You ditch the old plate style and gasket. I've got a newer style good used boot I can send your way.
Thanks again JJ... as always your knowledge is impressive.
I appreciate the offer but I ordered a new one as well as the ring and collar last night.
The crankcase was built in 88 and the tank in 94.
Do you know when they made that change?
I'll post a picture in a bit.

RedFir Down

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here is the tank in question.
@jacob j.
0424181709.jpeg

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
7:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The number on back of carb box you want is 1122 121 0101

RedFir Down

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hows it comin now on saw?
Thanks for asking.
I got the intake boot in the mail the other day and the rib on the cylinder side is torn. Hyway brand, after market trash I tell you!!!:BangHead::bash:

My stupid ass has finally learned not to even look at after market parts (besides Meteor piston)!! They truly are junk/trash/rubbish! Every after market part I have used either showed up broke or failed shortly there after!

This saw has been a miserable SOB since I touched it!

I"ll post a picture of the boot.