SOLD Stihl 046

Trader history (0)

blueberrymuzik

Lesser Known OPE Member
Local time
5:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
046 PHO Excellent running saw. This is one of the “D” cylinder models. I have replaced seals, intake manifold, impulse line, fuel line, muffler, brake handle, and chain catcher.

I took this saw in as partial payment on a riding mower that I sold. The gal that traded it in had just gotten a divorce and was moving to a house where she needed a mower. Her ex had left this behind when he moved out. Apparently, he had taken good care of the engine. The piston and cylinder are pristine. It looks as though he wanted to do a muffler mod and didn’t know how. He had taken a ½” drill bit and drilled a hole through the side of the brake handle, top cover and into the muffler. The combination of the hole and heat from the exhaust had pretty well ruined the brake handle. The top cover isn’t real pretty, but still works. It also appears that at some time the saw has been sitting too close to a heat source. The air filter cover and starter handle are blistered. You can tell that the heat came from outside the saw, because the inside of the filter cover shows no evidence of heat at all. I replaced the muffler with a used oem muffler and put a new oem brake handle on it. It is showing 165# of compression on my gauge.

Asking $450 plus the ride.

Attachments

• IMG_2799.JPG
    IMG_2799.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2802.JPG
    IMG_2802.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2804.JPG
    IMG_2804.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2805.JPG