Stihl 038- tank options

BuckthornBonnie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally back at saws. Got an 038 in with a cracked tank. Bought an AM one from eBay only to find it leaking at the seam. It had a flippy cap and would not accept an oem air filter. Ms380 style? “Meco” brand.

I see others from Farmertec with a screw cap. For those of you that have used Huztl/Farmertec—- Does this one work ok with an OEM air filter?
Does anyone have any extra 038 tanks or even handles around? Aftermarket are fine with me.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
8:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I fitted up a Farmertec tank for a local tree service 038 here - I had to trim around the airbox opening just a bit to keep the air filter from snagging on it and the opening for the intake boot had
some extra material on it that had to be ground down. It was pretty decent though for aftermarket. The vent set-up on these tanks is pretty cheesy and I'm not sure it's going to last.

BuckthornBonnie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice. The tank vent on the one I bought leaked. I replaced it with oem and it doesn’t leak... hopefully vents, though.
I’ll wait a bit for any replies here and in my eBay question to the seller. I’ll probably end up getting a Farmertec like my instincts told me to do in the first place; the idea of domestic shipping clouded my judgment.

Glock37

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
e5d3cbfc361e864f6f51d6bb6adfa3f4.jpg

I got this old oem tank

Pm me for details

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk