Stihl 028 mufflers

Turd Ferguson

Active OPE Member
Local time
11:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just picked up a strong running Stihl 028 Super AV Woodboss to go with my other (2) o28's. Maybe this is more of a rant than anything else - but I cannot believe that there are absolutely no OE or aftermarket mufflers available for the 028 series anywhere that I can find. I can't even find a good used one right now, although I do know they come up from time to time on Fleabay. The muffler on this latest pick was dented in pretty good. I straightened it the best I could with some flat punches - but it still looks like crap. I also drilled a few extra holes in the cover, cleaned and painted up and it doesn't look bad and it works well. It just seems strange that the way things parts are copied that no one has done an 028 muffler.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A lot of after market items are dependent on the demand .For example the Bing carbs on the Stihl 038 Magnum .Stihl had the market cornered for years and of course you paid three times what they were worth .Then finally the "Oregon " group came up with AM parts for a reasonable price .It's that way with just about anything you can think of .supply and demand .