Stihl 026 parts

Stem

Professional Cup Stacker
Local time
3:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I recently acquired another 026, it's a clean saw & a runner but its missing the bar plate & all of the chain tensioner assembly.

Ive found quite a number of china brand tensioner "kits" that have everything I need but the review's are horrible (surprise, right?). Is it possible to still get everything from a dealer? or should I try to find a dead parts saw? ...or would I be lucky enough that a member here has what I need? lol.

Thanks ~Rob

DND 9000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ask your dealer. These parts are used on other models too and should still be all availible.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ask in the Trading post.

Side tensioner setups are extremely expensive new. They are nearly always an 1125 model part on every side adjust Stihl I’ve seen.

I made the mistake of buying one when we did the 660 China build offs and it was almost $80 IIRC. Didn’t realize they were all the same and I had a few here.

PM me if you need one. I’m just so busy at work it will take me a bit. The Chinese bar plates work fine, have them here too.

Oh, and make sure you have a side adjust case. All 026 were, but the 024S werent. Someone coulda mixed cases up. Post a pic.

Stem

Professional Cup Stacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are nearly always an 1125 model part on every side adjust Stihl I’ve seen.

yup 1125 is the number, I did find a used Stihl one on eBay, but I may be in contact with you. Thanks @drf256 !

Its an 026 for sure, red lever 230xxxxxx serial number, got it (and a complete newer 026) from a very good friend of mine. It's a complete powerhead minus the chain adjuster & bar plate. I'll post pics later.