av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
6:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The saw runs 14,100-14,300 rpms. It has a fixed jet on the H side. The saw is airtight. My friend has been running it for years like this and I’m wondering if I should even mess with it. Pulled the muffler and the cyl/piston look shiny as a mirror. I rebuilt the carb to cure an idling problem and got the tach out to set it up. I have always thought this saw screamed, (his words “It’s like a Light Sabre”) but I was surprised to see it run so fast. Never bothered to check cause I figured since it had a fixed jet and I knew it was airtight there could be no problem. Hmmm..Saw sure seems happy there.

Last edited:

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it been running that way for years and nothing has happened yet, I'd just keep it running and leave it alone

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
6:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is where they like to run

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The saw runs 14,100-14,300 rpms. It has a fixed jet on the H side. The saw is airtight. My friend has been running it for years like this and I’m wondering if I should even mess with it. Pulled the muffler and the cyl/piston look shiny as a mirror. I rebuilt the carb to cure an idling problem and got the tach out to set it up. I have always thought this saw screamed, (his words “It’s like a Light Sabre”) but I was surprised to see it run so fast. Never bothered to check cause I figured since it had a fixed jet and I knew it was airtight there could be no problem. Hmmm..Saw sure seems happy there.
Anywhere around 14,000 to 14,500 you're ok I normally set them up around those numbers the late model 020t is like the 200t there screamers.