Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
1:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
so what did you think about West Virginia while you was here

I visit WV usually two weeks a year! I have family around Lewisburg. I love it there. So beautiful. So many true small towns to visit. We spend alot of time there. Always have! Always will!:)

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
7:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now these guy make me feel like I got my CAD in complete control

Those are definitely cool! Every year they have a big rail roaders celebration at the Altoona rail roaders museum, at least they use to anyways. They had quite a few of the Pennsy engines (like the one in the video) there and they offered rides for a $1 around an oval track. Some of the engines that I remember was a K4, J1a and a T1 duplex, those are the ones that stick out to me anyways. It definitely wasn't a track system like in the video but the experience was cool nonetheless!

Last edited:

WetGunPowder

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys! Been away from OPE Forum waaaaay too long. Great thread Steve! I'll be fortunate enough today to see the 4014 as it comes into St Paul. One of my good friends hauls the fuel whenever the 844 or 4014 are on the move. Plans are to ride it next Tuesday when it departs St Paul and heads south. Can't wait! Pictures and stories to come!!!

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys! Been away from OPE Forum waaaaay too long. Great thread Steve! I'll be fortunate enough today to see the 4014 as it comes into St Paul. One of my good friends hauls the fuel whenever the 844 or 4014 are on the move. Plans are to ride it next Tuesday when it departs St Paul and heads south. Can't wait! Pictures and stories to come!!!

If you dont post pics or video I'll have a mod ban you!:D

Nice! You enjoy your trip and have fun!

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 4014 just came through my home town minutes ago. I wasn’t able to go see it but I did hear it as I’m only a few blocks away and I was just getting home from work. My neighbor down the street got a video of it so I got to see it that way. I wish I would have know about it as my grandpa retired from the railroad

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not a steam engine......but. Glenda and I have a day trip booked on the Cheat Mountain Salamander. It's a 125 mile, 8.5 hour trip thru the WV mountains. Should be a hoot.

You are where i always hang out right now! If you have time and money go ride the Durbin Rocket in Durbin. Those guys will let you do anything but drive the train! The engineer there is named Ross. He is the nicest guy you will ever meet!

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You are where i always hang out right now! If you have time and money go ride the Durbin Rocket in Durbin. Those guys will let you do anything but drive the train! The engineer there is named Ross. He is the nicest guy you will ever meet!

My little wife is a West Virginia girl. I've spent a bit of time in those hills myself.