Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
11:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No doubt. All it needs is a belt hook on it drill do and it would be the best damn thing ever.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
6:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What a novelty, design a top handle and then mount a rear handle on it.

Been done before, Sachs-Dolmar 105 (TH) vs. Sachs-Dolmar 108 (RH) , 1985.

DSC08747.JPG

But I admit it, cute saw as a top handle unit.
Looks stupid with the rear handle though.

Piston Skirt

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What a novelty, design a top handle and then mount a rear handle on it.

Been done before, Sachs-Dolmar 105 (TH) vs. Sachs-Dolmar 108 (RH) , 1985.

View attachment 175603

But I admit it, cute saw as a top handle unit.
Looks stupid with the rear handle though.

Well, it's been like that for ages, especially with Kioritz range. Difference is - some German manufacturer a year ago claimed to have lightest rear handle saw. This one seems to be lighter, smaller and have more power. Can't we just enjoy this being chainsaw enthusiasts?

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
6:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, it's been like that for ages, especially with Kioritz range. Difference is - some German manufacturer a year ago claimed to have lightest rear handle saw. This one seems to be lighter, smaller and have more power. Can't we just enjoy this being chainsaw enthusiasts?
I didn't intend my post to be disrespectful.
I was merely pointing out that mounting a rear handle on a top handle power head design is no novelty and just an adaptation at best.

If they were to make the handles switchable without any tool requirements through some "click" system, now that would be neat. ;)

Don't take me so serious, I have no clue what I am babbling about. :crazylick:

FFS, I burn an average of 7 cubic meters of firewood a year, yet I am working on getting saws number 10 and 11! :facepalm:

Piston Skirt

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was merely pointing out that mounting a rear handle on a top handle power head design is no novelty and just an adaptation at best.

If they were to make the handles switchable without any tool requirements through some "click" system, now that would be neat. ;)

FFS, I burn an average of 7 cubic meters of firewood a year, yet I am working on getting saws number 10 and 11! :facepalm:

Ah come on, I could've add a smiley face there too :D No tensions intended there anyway.

Regarding "click" system it sounds cool, but not very possible without having massive disadvantages - carburetor and filter assembly nowadays is intentionally disconnected from the engine to isolate those from vibrations. Which means they are built in-handle. Which... well this could escalate quickly :D

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Don't feel bad, I live in my van down by the river. Don't have a woodburner. Don't have any trees. Don't use them for a living. Yet still have managed to hoard more than ten and counting. Just can't help but to keep looking regularly for more good deals...

Skisawyer

chain rook
Local time
10:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't feel bad, I live in my van down by the river. Don't have a woodburner. Don't have any trees. Don't use them for a living. Yet still have managed to hoard more than ten and counting. Just can't help but to keep looking regularly for more good deals...

Haha. Me too. Vans inop at the moment though, parking brake frozen on me. Cheaper than a storage unit. I don’t keep my saws in the van though...
Something about tools/equipment that makes the impossible possible that gives me a stiffy. Like binoculars, and rifles, and boats....