High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Starting on my MS460 build now

GlocknStihl

Derelict OPE Member
Local time
5:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The case is cleaning up nicely. I need to do a full degrease on it. The bearings are tight, so that's a plus. I got the case, starter cover and the top plastics for $40 shipped.

Hyway parts sponsor me, so they've given me a new clutch, intake boot, dual port muffler, bar studs, handle bar, big bore cylinder kit and some more things I'm forgetting. I'm really impressed with their mufflers for sure.

20180825_223741-907x1612.jpg 20180825_223715-907x1612.jpg 20180825_223722-907x1612.jpg 20180825_223512-907x1612.jpg 20180818_101808-2016x1134.jpg

GlocknStihl

Derelict OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Make sure you figure out why the original saw failed.

Big bore kits generally make less power than an oem standard bore P&C.

Wait, who said it failed? A friend of mine bought it in a parts lot. He needed the oem cylinder for a hybrid. The crankcase has no leaks and the bearings are good.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wait, who said it failed? A friend of mine bought it in a parts lot. He needed the oem cylinder for a hybrid. The crankcase has no leaks and the bearings are good.
That’s cool.

Usually don’t see saws in parts that didn’t fail already (in some way).

I hope that you get the big bore to run well also. I was just stating that they generally make less power than their standard bore oem counterparts.

The HL special jug for 460 is quite a deal at the price it’s offered at. I love the transfers, but I’m not sure on the plating.

I’m told that they are seconds for the Hyway jugs. If the Hyway jugs are the same, with better plating, I’d say that they are a win.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That’s cool.

Usually don’t see saws in parts that didn’t fail already (in some way).

I hope that you get the big bore to run well also. I was just stating that they generally make less power than their standard bore oem counterparts.

The HL special jug for 460 is quite a deal at the price it’s offered at. I love the transfers, but I’m not sure on the plating.

I’m told that they are seconds for the Hyway jugs. If the Hyway jugs are the same, with better plating, I’d say that they are a win.
Did you speak to anyone at HLS about the jug? I can check on that if not. I like the plating on most of the ones that crossed my path. Been shown a few that were less than desirable to use in a daily work saw. Meteor has never impressed me with most of there offerings. Time and effort can fix most of them b jugs with poor ports and bevel.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have spoken to other dealers, but not HL directly.

Apparently meteor, Hyway, and the Special jugs are all cast at the same China foundry. I’m told that the finishing occurs by the end user, at least in the case of meteor.

Forgive my ignorance, but I’m not sure how “second’s” can be used as the Special jugs, as both Meteor and Hyway jugs have cast in markings and differences to them.

I can tell you for a fact that I’ve cut chambers (that were plated) on Hyway/Meteor/Special jugs. The Special is the easiest to cut through, Hyway is next.

Meteor plating is thicker and harder than Stihl OEM. I’d venture to say it’s the hardest and thickest plating I’ve dealt with to date. My China build is using a meteor jug. Cutting the band was a nightmare, I’d have to say that the plating was better than .020 thick.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I still have no idea how that works based on just that thought process. Wtf.... Sounds sketchy to me. You can not change the markings after casting.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got one of those HL Supply jugs running on a 460 with a Meteor piston. Had to clean up the ports, and I lowered the intake, and she runs very nice.

I was impressed with the porting, especially the transfers, and I have not said that about any other AM jugs (although the Cross 660 are nice also).