Square Filing For This Dummy...

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
8:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've seen those as well. Never tried them. I'm also curious if they are any good.

If only getting stuff across the border was easier... I would hate to get the roll of chain here and discover these are utter crap. Would be close to another 4 months before I could get stuff from Nate muled across the border.

But if I am primarily putting loops together can a generic spinner be that bad?

Manofstihl066

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I hope so. John and Mike make it look easy in the videos. Lol
They have a great talent. I am sure I will ruin a chain or 2, but one has to start somewhere. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Don't get discouraged if u mess up a chain. When I first started I burnt through 2 files and chains trying to get it down. I found the key to it is light pressure on the file, they will quickly remove a lot of material.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't get discouraged if u mess up a chain. When I first started I burnt through 2 files and chains trying to get it down. I found the key to it is light pressure on the file, they will quickly remove a lot of material.

I know my greatest frustration will be not having enough wood to test different things in. I need to make friends with a couple of tree services...

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Bradley. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Manofstihl066

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I know my greatest frustration will be not having enough wood to test different things in. I need to make friends with a couple of tree services...
Gotta try different things to see what works and what don't. Square chain will drive u nuts if u let it. Lol

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gary, I think you should buy the grinder. I mean, how awesome would it be to have a 1 to 1 square grinder to chainsaw ratio? :)

I need to change my signature. Right now there are 10 saws in the garage...

Have you priced those grinders? $1000USD from Bailey's, likely a little less from Madsens but I haven't called. Found one Canadian dealer online and this morning they told me $1500CDN, they could arrange shipping but it would be extra. 661 money for a grinder for a hack like me makes no sense at all...

Manofstihl066

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Have you priced those grinders? $1000USD from Bailey's, likely a little less from Madsens but I haven't called. Found one Canadian dealer online and this morning they told me $1500CDN, they could arrange shipping but it would be extra. 661 money for a grinder for a hack like me makes no sense at all...
Unless u need several loops ready to go daily, I think a grinder would take all the fun out of it. There's something about making perfect square cutters by hand and watching it haul ass through wood. It's very addicting.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

10! Gary, how did that happen so fast!?Your sig line is off by an entire order of magnitude. I want details. What's hiding in the garage??

Agreed on the prices though. Those things are crazy expensive. I've been playing around with a six-sided file a little bit. It's a bit of a challenge, but after watching what other people can do with them it seems to be worth learning. I hope your enjoy it!

Icepick69

Fart knocker extraordinaire.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Unless u need several loops ready to go daily, I think a grinder would take all the fun out of it. There's something about making perfect square cutters by hand and watching it haul ass through wood. It's very addicting.
I agree, also something about making a perfect square using a grinder.
To each his own.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
10! Gary, how did that happen so fast!?Your sig line is off by an entire order of magnitude. I want details. What's hiding in the garage??

Agreed on the prices though. Those things are crazy expensive. I've been playing around with a six-sided file a little bit. It's a bit of a challenge, but after watching what other people can do with them it seems to be worth learning. I hope your enjoy it!

I went on a little pick last weekend. Of all of them only 3 run and one of those has been cleaned drained and is ready for shipping. 3 others are on the way to a new home as soon as I go back to work or have a rain day here and don't have anything better to do.