Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK. Their terminology is the confusing part.
Thank you for taking the time for the photo. [emoji106]

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm so confused (not hard). Are not the Bahco ones you linked earlier with flat sides? Which of the Save Edge ones that Nate has would you recommend? In the videos that Bradley posted in the beginning of the thread it looked like those had flat sides.
The bahco files I quoted earlier look identical to the save edge 6 sided files that nate and dave have. I have also used them from both of them. Vallorbe is the longest lasting of the 3 brands I've tried, but harder to find.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
4:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Save edge calls it a flat chisel bit file. Here's the best I could get my phone to focus in the shop. View attachment 79927
Just to be sure they seem to have a (single) chisel bit and double chisel bit. Spent some time on different websites and downloaded the Vallorbe catalogue, if you look at page 8 you can see a chisel bit trapezoid profile and a double chisel hexagonal profile. It looks like Save Edge is kind of the same but I haven't been able to figure out exactly which is which.

Attachments

• Vallorbe.pdf
    6.1 MB · Views: 13

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
LC10020-2271-8. Was this the one you were looking at?

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
LC10020-2271-8. Was this the one you were looking at?

That would seem to be the one that matches the profile suggested by the pros. Looks like the ones I found locally are just flat... I would like to know which Save Edge so I can just get a couple with the chain from Nate.

This one:
https://performanceoutdoorequipment...products/save-edge-7-3-square-chisel-bit-file

Or this one:
https://performanceoutdoorequipment.com/collections/tools/products/save-edge-7-flat-chisel-bit-file

Manofstihl066

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That would seem to be the one that matches the profile suggested by the pros. Looks like the ones I found locally are just flat... I would like to know which Save Edge so I can just get a couple with the chain from Nate.

This one:
https://performanceoutdoorequipment...products/save-edge-7-3-square-chisel-bit-file

Or this one:
https://performanceoutdoorequipment.com/collections/tools/products/save-edge-7-flat-chisel-bit-file
Either one will work but I'd go with the flat chisel bit, it's a double bevel. I've never used the 3 square. Some like it though.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

This one:

Or this one:
Either will work, but the latter is a little easier to learn with and will fit easier without hitting tie straps

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hope so. John and Mike make it look easy in the videos. Lol
They have a great talent. I am sure I will ruin a chain or 2, but one has to start somewhere. [emoji106]

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks guys. I'll order 1 of the 3 square ones too just to see what it is about.

Now, does anyone want to school me on breakers and spinners? I was going to order the Oregon ones from Nate as he seems to be the best price around but in a local Princess Auto store I saw there own chicom version for less than half the price of the Oregon ones...

20170725_133109.jpg

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks guys. I'll order 1 of the 3 square ones too just to see what it is about.

Now, does anyone want to school me on breakers and spinners? I was going to order the Oregon ones from Nate as he seems to be the best price around but in a local Princess Auto store I saw there own chicom version for less than half the price of the Oregon ones...

View attachment 79963
I've seen those as well. Never tried them. I'm also curious if they are any good.

Time's Standing Stihl

Below me...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've seen those as well. Never tried them. I'm also curious if they are any good.
Lol, For that price, I'm sure it's nothing but the best! I'd recommend grinding on the rivot a bit before using the breaker. Some of those cheaper tips break easy