High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Square filing chain

StandInTheFire

Sheriff of Mad Woman Gulch
Local time
2:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Just about every work chain that I square up hits a nail or a rock that got lifted up from the ground, runs into sand or pebbles in the bark, or hits the dirt in the hollowed out carpenter ant mess

:mad:
Many times over the years I swear my saws are actually METAL DETECTORS. In the urban forest, everybody always seems to think a tree is actually a sign post or a clothesline pole.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
4:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you don't mind, we're did you get your switch...

Do you run both directions on each chain you do...

Thanks for posting that
Switches are easily grabbed at your local Home Depot, Lowes, or any other home improvement store, electrical department.
You are looking for a Double Pole Double Throw switch (DPDT)

Yes Sir, I allways use both directions when sharpening, and I run the wheel into the leading edge of the tooth, just like square filing (had to get back on the OP's subject somehow)

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven't used it yet but I will in the very near future. I bought a loop of square at the NY GTG and ran that a while. I took a shot at touching it up then went out and cut more with it (cut good). It was working well until I cut a round that was hollow and half full of mud. F'in toasted it! I was going to put your chain on and cut more this week and see how it does. I'll try to get that other chain back into shape but I know it took it rough. FML I should have used a rototiller to cut that log.

Let me know how it compares to off the roll square. I haven't run any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Switches are easily grabbed at your local Home Depot, Lowes, or any other home improvement store, electrical department.
You are looking for a Double Pole Double Throw switch (DPDT)

Yes Sir, I allways use both directions when sharpening, and I run the wheel into the leading edge of the tooth, just like square filing (had to get back on the OP's subject somehow)
Thanks, I may PM you or post in our round grinder thread when I go about doing it....

To the OP sorry for getting off track a little...:beer-toast1: