High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Square filing chain

kpkustoms

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Figured out might not b the greatest way to put it but I've def got a lot of thought into it. I think the hardest part will b finding a duel direction motor that will accept a wheel

Icepick69

Fart knocker extraordinaire.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your def right no doubt but time isn't wasted if I built something useful with my own hands
You could be on to something, have you started any fabrication on it yet. I would love to see. If so, I could be interested in one.

kpkustoms

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
No I haven't started it yet just some ideas and a few pieces laying around

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I bet you will have learned how to square file by the time your done building it.

I'm just learning myself. Even an okay square filed chain cuts as good as a good round filed chain. Buy a couple styles of files and give it a try. Worst case is you mess them but and turn them into round filed chain.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bet you will have learned how to square file by the time your done building it.

I'm just learning myself. Even an okay square filed chain cuts as good as a good round filed chain. Buy a couple styles of files and give it a try. Worst case is you mess them but and turn them into round filed chain.

How did you like that chain I gave you in NY Wade?
I think I'm gonna change my angles a bit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kpkustoms

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

I bet your right I will learn to file square before its built but the grinder will speed things up a bit

kpkustoms

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So I'm gonna work on getting a wheel and a cheep as can b grinder and do some hacking and welding

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
How did you like that chain I gave you in NY Wade?
I think I'm gonna change my angles a bit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't used it yet but I will in the very near future. I bought a loop of square at the NY GTG and ran that a while. I took a shot at touching it up then went out and cut more with it (cut good). It was working well until I cut a round that was hollow and half full of mud. F'in toasted it! I was going to put your chain on and cut more this week and see how it does. I'll try to get that other chain back into shape but I know it took it rough. FML I should have used a rototiller to cut that log.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just about every work chain that I square up hits a nail or a rock that got lifted up from the ground, runs into sand or pebbles in the bark, or hits the dirt in the hollowed out carpenter ant mess

:mad: